Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What would you do if... EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to Walgreens today to buy 2 sodas, 2 Crest mouthwashes and 3 pop tarts. I used coupons and did 3 separate transactions to get the register rewards but I got distracted and forgot to use my reward card to get the items on sale price. I didn't realize it until I got home when I reviewed my receipts. I'm really trying to smart shopping but I get distracted and forget little stuff that can cause it but spending more money. Can I return the items and what about the coupons I used and the register rewards that used already? What would you do? 

Edit: Thank goodness Walgreens fixed it for me and the manager even complimented me that I know how to shop. Yay, I saved a lot better and I'll make sure it won't happen again. Thanks ladies!

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Depends. How much money are we talking about? I don't shop at Walgreens, just CVS. However, there was a time DH forgot to use the coupons I gave him at Kroger and I sent him back to customer service. They gave us the money back that we would have saved. Apparently, it happens alot. Lol.

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I was charged reg. price $6.64 for Crest mouthwash which on sale for $4.29 w/ Walgreens card then receive $2 register reward on next purchase and I had $1.50 coupons.

Was charged reg. price $1.99 for 7 Up which on sale $1 w/ card then receive $1 reg. reward. 

Pop tarts was $3.24 which on sale for 3/$5 w/ card then I had a coupon. 

SO told me to go back and see if they can refund me but I don't like causing any problem and at the same time I feel guilty that I missed calculate the prices at the store.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Depends. How much money are we talking about? I don't shop at Walgreens, just CVS. However, there was a time DH forgot to use the coupons I gave him at Kroger and I sent him back to customer service. They gave us the money back that we would have saved. Apparently, it happens alot. Lol.

NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You might want to contact Walgreens Customer Service via the 800 Number first and explain to them that somehow you believed you had given them your card and coupons, etc. but didn't realize later that you didn't because with 3 transactions the Clerk should have Asked You for a Card. *Just my Opinion*

Ask them if they will refund you the difference and let them know about any coupons, etc. that were used and ask them how they will treat that, etc.

Get the person's name, ID#, etc. and such.

This way if they instruct you to go to the store for the refund, you can go in with the knowledge of what needs to be done and can say,

"Hi, I spoke with Dan at Customer Service in your Atlanta Office, he said for your Manager to call this # should you have any problems with my refund transaction."

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

I was charged reg. price $6.64 for Crest mouthwash which on sale for $4.29 w/ Walgreens card then receive $2 register reward on next purchase and I had $1.50 coupons.

Was charged reg. price $1.99 for 7 Up which on sale $1 w/ card then receive $1 reg. reward. 

Pop tarts was $3.24 which on sale for 3/$5 w/ card then I had a coupon. 

SO told me to go back and see if they can refund me but I don't like causing any problem and at the same time I feel guilty that I missed calculate the prices at the store.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

EDDES
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Write down every single thing that you need for shopping and focus in on what you are doing when you go to the store like you are on a mission...fixed on what you have to accomplish and then you will..train your thoughts to stay...until you succeed at the final point of the destination then go home and go yay when you succeeded at what you had goaled to get done for that half an hour or hour of time....but goal and do focus directly...like an arrow hitting the bull's eye right on the target, keeping it simple and to the point but remaining on the target until the thing is done and then you move onto the next target or goal....that is all....I have to always tell myself this.you rock 

matreshka
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Some places will let you bring back the receipt and refund you the money so give them a call.  For me, with a toddler in tow I don't do the separate transactions because its hard for me to stay on track.

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Yeah, it was my first time doing separate transactions and I felt rushed. Kinda worrying about people behind me and getting mad but oh well. 

Quoting matreshka:

Some places will let you bring back the receipt and refund you the money so give them a call.  For me, with a toddler in tow I don't do the separate transactions because its hard for me to stay on track.

flowrsgalore
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM

frustrating trying so hard to save money then being derailed.  It may be worth the time & effort to go back in there & straighten it out if it's say over $4.

matreshka
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Yeah, people get all huffy with me when I have my coupons. I just tell myself they're jealous lol.

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

Yeah, it was my first time doing separate transactions and I felt rushed. Kinda worrying about people behind me and getting mad but oh well. 

Quoting matreshka:

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Good point. Most the time I tell people behind me that I have coupons, they tell me they need to start doing the same thing  to save. 

Quoting matreshka:

Yeah, people get all huffy with me when I have my coupons. I just tell myself they're jealous lol.

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

Quoting matreshka:

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I agree & first time doing separate transactions messed me up. Going to call Walgreens and see if they can refund me with the coupons I had. 

Quoting flowrsgalore:

frustrating trying so hard to save money then being derailed.  It may be worth the time & effort to go back in there & straighten it out if it's say over $4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)