Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waaay ot but i need home remedies

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Jen
  • 27 Replies
I know this is waaay ot but i need home remedies for lady parts infection. Im eating as much yogurt as i can handle and drinking tons of water, i even took a diflucan that hasnt helped. I have no one to watch my kids so i could get to the lady doc for an exam so i need home remedies and fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
It's probably not a yeast infection. Could be bacterial which requires a dr appt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Can you get to the store for OTC treatments?  I've used miconazole cream without a prescription.

I've heard of putting yogurt or tea tree oil on a tampon and inserting it.  You can also douche with a mixture of 4 teaspoons of vinegar to 1 pint of water to attempt to re-balance the natural pH.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Garlic is said to help.  I'm thinking garlic supplements.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

....and to prevent a repeat, change your diet.  Cut back on sugars/starches and alcohol, all of which feed yeast in your body.

lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank u thank u! I called doc n they said to try otc since i cant get in so ill be goin to the store when dh gets out of work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting lillucky8:

Thank u thank u! I called doc n they said to try otc since i cant get in so ill be goin to the store when dh gets out of work

I really feel for you, those infections are miserable!

specialwingz
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM

This is what I've used in the past with great results.  I've only ever had a couple in my life.  But, it seems like a lifetime between the onset and getting rid of it.  =/  Hope you get rid of it quickly.  I know how miserable it is.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Can you get to the store for OTC treatments?  I've used miconazole cream without a prescription.

I've heard of putting yogurt or tea tree oil on a tampon and inserting it.  You can also douche with a mixture of 4 teaspoons of vinegar to 1 pint of water to attempt to re-balance the natural pH.

matreshka
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you sure its yeast? You can get acidopholous from the store and put it right on the area. But I would recommend going to the doc, can anyone help you out?

lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM

you can get monistat over the counter.

KateyBrands
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I have only had two in my whole life (thank heavens!) but both times I used Monistat and by the next day I already felt better. Hope you get some relief! Lol!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)