Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Healthy recipes on a budget

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi everyone! Dh might be out of work soon and I will be spending money on a trip back home to go to a funeral and have to get a hotel. So we are spending money. There's no way around it.
I need some help finding budget friendly recipes that are healthy. Dd is 2 and both myself and dh would eat just about anything. So please can you give me ideas or even a link to a site that would help a lot.
Thank you all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I like the site skinny taste and there is another one I will have to send you when I get home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I find that focusing on pantry ingredients that I can make into lots of different combinations, and then trying to get the best price on those ingredients, has been the least expensive way to go for us.  For example, dried beans.  I can make this into a pot of beans that go over fried potatoes, chili, cook with mexican rice to make burrito filling, mix (when cold) with salad, used as  baked potato topping, etc.

Typically I focus on these ingredients:  beans, rice, potatoes, pasta, pork chops (I buy the thick, boneless ones in the biggest pack I can find and then I slice thim in half so I get two thin pork chops from one thick pork chop.  Then I bag and freeze them.), ground beef (when on sale), tomato sauce, condiments, seasonings, cooking oils, and frozen veggies along with the normal staples of flour, etc.  You can make an endless amount of meals with these items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN