Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are pull-ups necessary for potty training?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 38 Replies

Is there a cheaper alternative. We have diapers and undies for my son who is starting to potty train finally. With my first we used pull-ups but they are so expensive.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this
No- pull ups hold liquid like diapers. Cloth training pants are cheaper in the long run or just let baby be naked at home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Valerie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM

We do the naked thing too. My DH get so worried he'll hurt himself though. I will look for thicker cloth training pants. Any ideas on where to buy them?

Quoting 907PickleMom:

No- pull ups hold liquid like diapers. Cloth training pants are cheaper in the long run or just let baby be naked at home.

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

With my kids, I just used training pants.  Those nice thick underpants.  With my girls, pull ups didn't exist.  LOL.  With my twin boys, well, with 2 of them, pull ups would have broken the bank for me.  I just bought a bunch of the white training pants and did laundry a lot.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
We used pull-ups at nap & bed time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

They have the thick cloth training pants at Walmart.  There may also be ideas to make them yourself on Pinterest.

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Alva baby makes training pants ( cloth diaper company) GroVia, Flip and Kushies brand also have some. Just google for the brands.. Many online stores carry them. They can be $6-$10 pair or so but pay for themselves quickly.
I full time cloth diaper so I may be a be bit biased lol :)

Quoting matreshka:We do the naked thing too. My DH get so worried he'll hurt himself though. I will look for thicker cloth training pants. Any ideas on where to buy them?Quoting 907PickleMom:No- pull ups hold liquid like diapers. Cloth training pants are cheaper in the long run or just let baby be naked at home.
silverdawn99
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I bought the thick potty training underwear. I used the pull ups at night and trips only
matreshka
by Valerie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Good, I'll check walmart, thanks!

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

They have the thick cloth training pants at Walmart.  There may also be ideas to make them yourself on Pinterest.

matreshka
by Valerie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is what I would like to do, just to get him out of diapers completely so he doesn't regress.

Quoting silverdawn99:

I bought the thick potty training underwear. I used the pull ups at night and trips only

silverdawn99
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I got tired of buying pull ups just for the occasional night accident so I took an old blanket and folded it under them at night

Quoting matreshka:

That is what I would like to do, just to get him out of diapers completely so he doesn't regress.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)