Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Are pull-ups necessary for potty training?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there a cheaper alternative. We have diapers and undies for my son who is starting to potty train finally. With my first we used pull-ups but they are so expensive.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Replies (31-38):
lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM
We didnt use pullups at all. I got gerber training undies that are thicker and just used a diaper w panties over it for nighttime or trips out until dd was okay with it. I just let her be naked for a cpl days when she decided it was time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-t3984
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Pull-ups didn't exsist when I was potty training,so I used regular panties. At nap time,sleep time,I would put padding on the bed. Sometimes,I think pull-ups confuses the child.
Flaca43
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You can use diapers if you want...it's up to you. I would go with the underwear when he is getting into going on the potty often. Good luck!

AvonCrystal
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I just use the trainging underwear and then we got the plastic training pants to go over them for sleeping or is we have to go anywhere.  Got both at walmart.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

agreed

Quoting 907PickleMom:

No- pull ups hold liquid like diapers. Cloth training pants are cheaper in the long run or just let baby be naked at home.

Cozie_Sisika458
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I didn't use them, I tried them once and used for night time only until I potty trained for night. I don't think they are like undies more like diapers. Stay consistent train during the day with undies. If your child takes naps and wake up dry start training at night. Get day time down first.

When I trained at night I didn't give no more drinks after dinner. Made sure they went potty before bed. Woke them up before i went to bed around 11:30ish. Make sure they are awake so it's not like they are going while asleep. To this day my kids never went the bed or had accidents when they were potty train. Good luck.
sillymumof2
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I bought the pull up diapers. :) pull ups r rediculous
Cozie_Sisika458
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Forgot I used the plastic things that went over the undies for naptime and night time. Cheaper then pull ups.

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458:

I didn't use them, I tried them once and used for night time only until I potty trained for night. I don't think they are like undies more like diapers. Stay consistent train during the day with undies. If your child takes naps and wake up dry start training at night. Get day time down first.

When I trained at night I didn't give no more drinks after dinner. Made sure they went potty before bed. Woke them up before i went to bed around 11:30ish. Make sure they are awake so it's not like they are going while asleep. To this day my kids never went the bed or had accidents when they were potty train. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN