Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I use these in?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 33 Replies

Anyone have any good ideas for uses with crunched up chips, crackers, tortilla chips, nacho tortilla chips, etc so that they aren't just thrown away?  I have used them for casserole toppings is all & all I made was a tuna casserole with potato chips & a taco casserole with the tortilla chips.  Any other ideas?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this

you could use the crunched up tortillas for a taco salad. i dont know but could you use the crunched up potato chips for a meatloaf instead of the bread crumbs.

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I add them to anything that would have used bread crumbs.  Meatloaf, meatballs.

you can also add them to soup as a thickener.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Spread 1 pkg. cream cheese on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.  Top with a can of chili mixed with 1 lb. browned ground beef.  Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, crushed chips, and another cup of shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.

JustaGirl13
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Potato Chip Cookies! They are really good and require crumbled plain potato chips.

matreshka
by Valerie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

My idea would have been taco pie or casserole too. What about in soups? Sorry I don't have any other ideas.

XOXOnBubbles
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Pretty much anything that requires bread crumbs.  You can even make your own shake and bake mixture. 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Oven 'fried' chicken.  Just substitute the breadcrumbs with crushed chips.  Potato chips work best, IMO, but you could probably use corn tortilla chips or crackers as well.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM
This sounds amazing!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Spread 1 pkg. cream cheese on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.  Top with a can of chili mixed with 1 lb. browned ground beef.  Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, crushed chips, and another cup of shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

chili cheese bake....I got it from the Dollar General website.  My kids love it!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

This sounds amazing!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Im the only one in my house who likes chili. It sucks! I run into that a lot. Im the only one who likes this delicious sausage and penne casserole recipe my friend gave me also. Everytime I try a new recipe, im the only one who eats it lol. Maybe its my cookin! Ha!

Quoting michiganmom116:

chili cheese bake....I got it from the Dollar General website.  My kids love it!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

This sounds amazing!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)