Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Looking for a good deal on herbal suppliments.

Posted by   + Show Post

I take turmeric and it can be expensive.  I'm not looking for a sales pitch but wondering where everyone who takes suppliments gets theirs.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
matreshka
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My friend sold melaleuca, I'm not interested but thanks!

Quoting kmaxwell84:

Hi, we have alot of different vitality packs examples like essential bone support, antioxidant protection, digestive and immune system support and multivitamin and minerals. I think you will find what you are looking for on there http://www.melaleuca.com/.

matreshka
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

For my chronic eczema it does wonders. After a month of taking it it went away, and only pops up when I get super stressed out (like panic mode) It also helps my joints. Its on average $20 (at the cheapest end) a bottle which lasts me a month.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What are the health benefits of turmeric, if you don't mind my asking?  My MIL is really into herbal and essential oil remedies, but I've never heard of taking turmeric.

I buy mine at a local store called Super Suplements.  I'd be interested in finding an online source with high quality ingredients.

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Tumeric was in a cleanse that I did once. Not sure of why it was in there, but it was. Lol.

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Good to know, I had no idea it could be used for that. I used to suffer from eczema in my late teens and early 20s, it cleared up magically on it's own. DS suffers from it now and sees a ped. dermatologist for it. She gives him this ointment that clears it up if he has a bad breakout. Mainly we use aveeno fragrance free stuff and he rarely has issues.

Quoting matreshka:

For my chronic eczema it does wonders. After a month of taking it it went away, and only pops up when I get super stressed out (like panic mode) It also helps my joints. Its on average $20 (at the cheapest end) a bottle which lasts me a month.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What are the health benefits of turmeric, if you don't mind my asking?  My MIL is really into herbal and essential oil remedies, but I've never heard of taking turmeric.

I buy mine at a local store called Super Suplements.  I'd be interested in finding an online source with high quality ingredients.

20somethin4ever
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM

It works gloabal has some great supplements if you are wanting all natural. Pretty much anything having to do with health and wellness or losing weight you can find. go to www.ashleywraps.com and click store :)

matreshka
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

If its hydrocortizone ointment use it only when absolutely necessary. It is a steroid cream that can thin the skin. That is what happened to me since I have had eczema since birth. Now I wont touch the stuff and don't need to thanks to the turmeric. Eucerin cream helps me too.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Good to know, I had no idea it could be used for that. I used to suffer from eczema in my late teens and early 20s, it cleared up magically on it's own. DS suffers from it now and sees a ped. dermatologist for it. She gives him this ointment that clears it up if he has a bad breakout. Mainly we use aveeno fragrance free stuff and he rarely has issues.

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

startingover82
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

puritans pride. online shopping. they are inexpensive and you get  2 or 3 items free with purchase

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I think it's fluconoride or something like that. Not hydrocortizone, we rarely ever have to use it. Maybe once a year and it clears it up in a day or so. I'll check into the Eucerin too. So far, the Aveeno extra moisturizing fragrance free (in the baby section) works like magic. We use that daily.

Quoting matreshka:

If its hydrocortizone ointment use it only when absolutely necessary. It is a steroid cream that can thin the skin. That is what happened to me since I have had eczema since birth. Now I wont touch the stuff and don't need to thanks to the turmeric. Eucerin cream helps me too.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Medusa686
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Vitacost is good but also check out Swanson. They are cheaper.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I get all of dh's supliments from Puritans Pride.  I gae you a link to them. Where I found they do sell Tumeric. They always do buy one get one free.  Or buy 2 get 3 free.

http://www.puritan.com/turmeric-510

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)