Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

need decorating advice for a baby girls room

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

I need advice for a baby girls room.  So many things cost so much money and my granddaughter will be born and live here for her first year.  Her dad is painting her room pink and lavender, he will also paint a couple of wooden blocks a color of each and hang in the room for depth.  But anything else...hopefully with pics would be appreciated.  Thank You so much.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We only have a cpl of paintings a friend did hanging on my kiddos walls. Nothing fancy

You could do the babys name with letters from the craft store and paint them and hang with ribbon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Omd12
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Check consignment sales or stores
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have Pinterest?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
T45
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Yes, but I have a hard time really navigating it.  I am the grandma...but I could try...good idea I never thought of it.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Do you have Pinterest?

occumommy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You can make wall decals. Take pictures you really like and enlarge them. Then get clear vynal contact paper at the hardware store. Cut the contact paper out to be about a 1/2 inch bigger than the picture peel the backing, center the picture side down on the sticky side of the contact paper then stick to the desired spot on the wall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T45
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I like your idea, then you could do any theme you wanted.

Quoting occumommy:

You can make wall decals. Take pictures you really like and enlarge them. Then get clear vynal contact paper at the hardware store. Cut the contact paper out to be about a 1/2 inch bigger than the picture peel the backing, center the picture side down on the sticky side of the contact paper then stick to the desired spot on the wall.

occumommy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Exactly! And not spend $200+ on stickers for a wall.

Quoting T45:

I like your idea, then you could do any theme you wanted.

Quoting occumommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

For my DD I bought cardstock lettersor her initials and covered them each in different pretty paper and decorated it with scrapbooking things like paper flowers and wooden figurines (butterflies, turtles, a picture frame, etc) and as she got older I added pictures of her.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I also shopped clearance for things like princess plaques/paintings, pretty lamp, piggy bank, etc

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
for my son's room we got removable large decals that look really good
you can get them at the craft store like Michael's or ac more for about $10-20 bucks a set. one set looked good in his room which is on the larger side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN