Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just can't lose weight

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 94 Replies

Since I had my last csection in 09, tubal, and follow up surgeries, I just can't back down to my normal weight by the wedding next week. I was hoping to lose the pounds, I bounce from 131-135 daily, but just can't get down below that. I cut out meals, exercise, but am stuck at 131. I had such a hard time gaining weight when I was younger, now I just can't get it off. My hubby went from 142 to 119 in a couple months, I can't even get 6 lbs off in two months. Suggestions?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseFlame
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM

idk i'm having issues myself but i have also gained some muscle instead of losing lbs. try zumba maybe? why does your hubby weigh so little? 142 is low for a guy at 119 he must be skin and bones.

a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Cut out processed foods, sugar, starches, carbs as much as you can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

He works out daily and is 5'3", he is within the BMI - he is in the Air Force. I haven't tried Zumba yet, but been doing what he has been and nothing.

Quoting RoseFlame:

idk i'm having issues myself but i have also gained some muscle instead of losing lbs. try zumba maybe? why does your hubby weigh so little? 142 is low for a guy at 119 he must be skin and bones.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Done most of that, I have even reduced the size of the portions. I have been eating a lot of fish, and salads. Tonight was the first time in ages I had some spagetti.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM

go meat only until then. Your body will switch to burning your fat rather than carbs and also by dropping your carbs you will lose your water weight as well.

a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Do you eat small meals?

For example

Breakfast - 1/2 c oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1/2 c strawberries

Snack - 10 almonds, 1 apple

Lunch - 4 oz chicken breast, 2 cups salad (just lettuce) with either lemon or balsamic...non oil, 1 tomato

Snack - 2 c chopped veggies, 1/3 c hummus

Dinner - 4 oz salmon, 1 cup asparagus, 1 cup salad with either lemon or balsamic...no oil

Snack - 4 eggs whites or 4 oz turkey or chicken lunch meat

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Done most of that, I have even reduced the size of the portions. I have been eating a lot of fish, and salads. Tonight was the first time in ages I had some spagetti.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I've been wondering about water weight. I feel bloated most of the time and wasn't sure what it could be. I will try the meat only, does it depend on what type of meat? Chicken, fish, beef?

Quoting MixedCooke:

go meat only until then. Your body will switch to burning your fat rather than carbs and also by dropping your carbs you will lose your water weight as well.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Breakfast for me has been the special k breakfast drink-180 cal

Lunch, 1 c salad

Dinner is usually shrimp.

I cut out all snacks and drink water. I am not really a oil person on my salads, I like the balsamic spray.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Do you eat small meals?

For example

Lunch - 4 oz chicken breast, 2 cups salad (just lettuce) with either lemon or balsamic...non oil, 1 tomato

Dinner - 4 oz salmon, 1 cup asparagus, 1 cup salad with either lemon or balsamic...no oil

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
3 moms liked this
You aren't eating enough. You burn more and your metabolism is working when you eat many small, nutritious meals. Trust me when I say you are not eating enough. I am a huge fitness person. Natalie Jill has awesome advice on her website

Quoting DawnPratt23:Breakfast for me has been the special k breakfast drink-180 calLunch, 1 c salad Dinner is usually shrimp. I cut out all snacks and drink water. I am not really a oil person on my salads, I like the balsamic spray. Quoting a_and_j_momma:Do you eat small meals?

For example

Quoting DawnPratt23:Done most of that, I have even reduced the size of the portions. I have been eating a lot of fish, and salads. Tonight was the first time in ages I had some spagetti. Quoting a_and_j_momma:Cut out processed foods, sugar, starches, carbs as much as you can.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well on the detox type diet, they do want you to cut out red meat and pork, so yeah chicken, turkey and fish would be best but overall nowadays you can find low fat percentages in beef and pork.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I've been wondering about water weight. I feel bloated most of the time and wasn't sure what it could be. I will try the meat only, does it depend on what type of meat? Chicken, fish, beef?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)