Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What is your favorite drug store for deals?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: What is your favorite drug store for deals?

Options:

CVS

Walgreens

Rite Aid

other (please let us know)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Even though I go to CVS for my prescriptions (I have forever and they have all my info) I seem to get better deals on other stuff at walgreens.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Around here we only have Walgreens and one Rite Aid, which is way on the other side of town.  Walgreens seems to have better deals.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Walgreens hands down. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

um...yeah.  We don't have any of those.

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I pretty much get what we need at our local grocery store H&B dept.  Seems the drug stores are higher in price.  The only drug store we have locally is Walgreen's.  I have to drive into the city for any other.  And, Walgreen's is always high priced.

cat4458
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Dollar Tree is my fav! Dollar General too.  Walgreens IF there are sales otherwise it's pretty high end.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Huh, I thought they were all nationwide chains.

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:07 PM

They are.  I live in a pretty rural area with locally owned stores, though.  I'd have to drive a good distance to the nearest Walgreens, and I think there may be a Rite Aid in the same city.

Quoting matreshka:

Huh, I thought they were all nationwide chains.

Quoting michiganmom116:

circupon
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Thanks for this poll! It is right up my alley. :) Over the past year in doing Circupon, I have learned:

-about 10-15% of the weekly drugstore sales are regional; so when I call my mom to let her know milk is on sale at Walgreens (p.s. it is this week) for $2.99 in San Jose, CA, she often tells me it is more like $4/gal or it may not be on sale that week at all. the good news is about 80-85% of the sales are nationwide.

-smaller stores tend to have better sales since they have to turn over the goods faster to make room for new products

-Walgreens is really good for deals when you stack manufacturer coupons with their in-store savings book coupons

-CVS works best for me since I really try to buy items that only have extrabucks. I also split my order up on the same trip by paying for items that award extrabucks first, then paying for the rest of my items using the extrabucks so i save on the same visit. Or else I will lose the receipt

-surprisingly, i find some food items pretty cheap at the drugstores when they have a sale, like tuna fish

-what not to buy at drugstores: batteries. much cheaper at the warehouse stores (by me anyway)

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We only have a walgreens

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN