Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about inexpensively organizing your home.

Here are some tips from the moms in this group:

• Organize first, sorting out what needs to go where before you purchase bins and things for storage.
  • Check out yard sales for baskets, totes, etc., that you can use to sort and store things around the house.
  • Think outside the box - for example, using laundry baskets as toy bins can save you money as well as make organizing your home easier.
  • Watch for freebies and things you can recycle or repurpose to help with organization and storage.

juggling

For more help:

Click here to see what Frugalistas are discussing on the group today:
See Active Posts - Let's Talk!

Please share your tips and tricks for organizing your home for less below!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (51-54):
FLOWERPOWERSHER
by Member on Apr. 3, 2017 at 1:24 PM

my biggest issues are clutter control ,sorting through years of clutter that just put away till later when have a house inspection .. its tons of stuff from my family i lost in death to my youngest son moving out .. so any ideas i'm openminded to . Its myself to go through most or all now or have my chuck it all out boyfreind lol , he will throw it all out .. hes not attatched to things like i am .

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2017 at 7:31 PM
What do you have?

Quoting FLOWERPOWERSHER:

my biggest issues are clutter control ,sorting through years of clutter that just put away till later when have a house inspection .. its tons of stuff from my family i lost in death to my youngest son moving out .. so any ideas i'm openminded to . Its myself to go through most or all now or have my chuck it all out boyfreind lol , he will throw it all out .. hes not attatched to things like i am .

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2017 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I managed to pretty  much go thru everything last year with my one drawer/shelf/etc. at a time. Got rid of a bunch but now more has come in and you can't really tell it. So I restarted it but I'm also adding in something else. Everytime something new comes in then 2 things have to go! One way or another I am going to put my house on a diet!

sonnyswoman75
by on Apr. 26, 2017 at 5:05 PM

I am all about organization and always finding ways to organize especially with having a 10 month old daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)