Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about inexpensively organizing your home.

Here are some tips from the moms in this group:

• Organize first, sorting out what needs to go where before you purchase bins and things for storage.
  • Check out yard sales for baskets, totes, etc., that you can use to sort and store things around the house.
  • Think outside the box - for example, using laundry baskets as toy bins can save you money as well as make organizing your home easier.
  • Watch for freebies and things you can recycle or repurpose to help with organization and storage.

juggling

For more help:

Click here to see what Frugalistas are discussing on the group today:
See Active Posts - Let's Talk!

Please share your tips and tricks for organizing your home for less below!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM

To the ladies who was in to tracking roots , Lannie does this do and has a single little file box it keeps his stuff in , he also has a black pedalo he puts all out important papers in. The biggest trouble with orgazing in our house is how to I set things up neatly not that we need more storage , I have a lot  of storage places we will not use unless we buy a lot more stuff. 

spitfire06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:39 AM
How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?

Quoting SweetLuci:

If you haven't worn it or used it in a year-you probably never will. Toss it.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, duh! Use your common sense.

Quoting spitfire06: How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?
Quoting SweetLuci:

spitfire06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Lmao I kinda want to ptich everything and be at the seven days of clothes rule with six dresses for going out I have too much stuff to wash!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Well, duh! Use your common sense.

Quoting spitfire06: How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?
Quoting SweetLuci:

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I go through stuff two to four times a year, and weed stuff out. that's how I organize

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)