Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about inexpensively organizing your home.

Here are some tips from the moms in this group:

• Organize first, sorting out what needs to go where before you purchase bins and things for storage.
  • Check out yard sales for baskets, totes, etc., that you can use to sort and store things around the house.
  • Think outside the box - for example, using laundry baskets as toy bins can save you money as well as make organizing your home easier.
  • Watch for freebies and things you can recycle or repurpose to help with organization and storage.

juggling

For more help:

Click here to see what Frugalistas are discussing on the group today:
See Active Posts - Let's Talk!

Please share your tips and tricks for organizing your home for less below!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
Alieda
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM

To the ladies who was in to tracking roots , Lannie does this do and has a single little file box it keeps his stuff in , he also has a black pedalo he puts all out important papers in. The biggest trouble with orgazing in our house is how to I set things up neatly not that we need more storage , I have a lot  of storage places we will not use unless we buy a lot more stuff. 

spitfire06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:39 AM
How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?

Quoting SweetLuci:

If you haven't worn it or used it in a year-you probably never will. Toss it.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, duh! Use your common sense.

Quoting spitfire06: How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?
Quoting SweetLuci:

spitfire06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Lmao I kinda want to ptich everything and be at the seven days of clothes rule with six dresses for going out I have too much stuff to wash!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Well, duh! Use your common sense.

Quoting spitfire06: How does this apply to a mama who was pregnant and is nursing past one....should I just toss stuff I haven't worn?
Quoting SweetLuci:

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I go through stuff two to four times a year, and weed stuff out. that's how I organize

Eve607
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM

I wish I had the list of things to keep papers and for how long

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2016 at 1:25 PM

I've made it my goal to go thru 7 drawers/shelves/closets/etc everyday in 2016. Once I've been thru something I get it out of the house quickly. Either it goes boxed up for sale and stored in the garage or it gets donated either to chariety or someone else who needs it.

Alieda
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I clean out our bill drawer yesterday now we just have a up to date copy of the bills. I can open and close it without fighting to do do very nice.
Terpsichore
by Member on Feb. 19, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Google it.

http://getbuttonedup.com/tools2/howlongtokeepimpinfo.pdf

Quoting Eve607:

I wish I had the list of things to keep papers and for how long

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM
My dd loved stuffed animals when she was younger. We bought a large plastic garbage can and told her it was an animal can. We decorated it a bit with stickers. It kept her stuffed animals off the floor and was fairly cheap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN