Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Couponing 101

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about using coupons.

Here are some tips from the moms in this group:

• Clip coupons for things you need and will actually use.
  • Take advantage of newspapers, reputable websites and mobile apps.
  • Don't overspend.
  • Stay organized.
  • Know the store's coupon policies.

scrapbooking

For more help:

Click here to see what Frugalistas are discussing on the group today:
See Active Posts - Let's Talk!

Please share your tips and tricks for using coupons below!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM

bump

aj_mom
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM

BUMP

momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hold on to high value coupons for SALES, and CLEARANCE, that's where you can get items for the lowest price, or Free.  I like clearance at Walgreens, CVS, and local grocery stores, not so much big box retail grocery stores (they don't discount) like the smaller, independent stores, is my experience.  The highier end stores (grocery) tend to mark items (seasonal, health and beauty down to 75%) add a $2.00 or $3.00 and you walk out spending a few cents per item.

Shygirl951
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Funny I recently started seriously couponing. It took my mom a whole month to realize I save so much money by sale watching and matching my coupons to sales. I love couponing at Target because you can stack their coupons with manufacturer coupons and their cartwheel!!!

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM
4 moms liked this

#1 rule in my book...never ever use a coupon just because you have it.  If it's not for something you actually use, it's worthless.  I know people who buy things just because they have a coupon for them.  That's fine if it's for something you'd like to try.  But, on a regular basis, one will spend more than they are saving.

bbyblueAK
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM

this is so true

Quoting specialwingz:

#1 rule in my book...never ever use a coupon just because you have it.  If it's not for something you actually use, it's worthless.  I know people who buy things just because they have a coupon for them.  That's fine if it's for something you'd like to try.  But, on a regular basis, one will spend more than they are saving.

karla41164
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I coupon and it has helped out alot of familys due to us being able to wach sales I shop at the commissary which when I keep an eye out for the sales and I also make sure we have exter of every thing plus we live out in the country so we are over 20 miles to town and getting snowed in is a common thing for us last year we helped out 6 familys not just with food but laundry soap bleach toilet bowl cleaner etc...So for those of you that coupon dont for get youre food banks they love to see us pull up lol

Shadowed_Star
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM

preach!

sunsetbeach81
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I use coupons sometimes. But this year, I have vowed to be more frugal. These tips will come in handy. 

sem1234
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
What's their cartwheel?

Quoting Shygirl951:

Funny I recently started seriously couponing. It took my mom a whole month to realize I save so much money by sale watching and matching my coupons to sales. I love couponing at Target because you can stack their coupons with manufacturer coupons and their cartwheel!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)