Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Coloring at Home?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 61 Replies

Does anyone here color their hair at home? What brand do you use? Any good tips? I usually go to the salon but going and highlighting my hair every 6 to 8 weeks is getting to be ridiculously expensive. So I'm debating trying to do it myself at home.

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmp
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to Sally Beauty Supply and I use their line of hair color. I used to buy Loreal and Wella at Sallys also. I love their products like the heat protector and keratin and extremely damaged hair conditioner. Also when I find a paul mitchell product I just go to Sallys and buy their generic line and it works the same for me for a lot less. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I do it.  I use Garnier and my hair colors beautifully and STAYS that shade for a good 6 weeks, unlike any other brand that I've used.  It's got shea, avocado, and olive oil, and my hair is nicely soft after coloring.

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Thanks! I go to Sallys also, I love the Biolage shampoo and I get the generic at Sallys for much cheaper. I've never looked at their hair color I will check that out!

Quoting rmp:

I go to Sally Beauty Supply and I use their line of hair color. I used to buy Loreal and Wella at Sallys also. I love their products like the heat protector and keratin and extremely damaged hair conditioner. Also when I find a paul mitchell product I just go to Sallys and buy their generic line and it works the same for me for a lot less. 

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm going to look for that next time I go to the store. My neighbor just told me she uses that brand too lol I love Garnier shampoo and their other hair products.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I do it.  I use Garnier and my hair colors beautifully and STAYS that shade for a good 6 weeks, unlike any other brand that I've used.  It's got shea, avocado, and olive oil, and my hair is nicely soft after coloring.

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently started ... I use Loreal and I have been happy with it.  Also they have rewards ..sign up on line... you use 5 boxes and enter their codes and then they send you a coupon for a free box.  So thats a nice perk too.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I don't

Grnyann65
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Feria by L'Oreal. Not expensive, and very nice.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I use too. It works well for me.

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Thanks for the info, I'm going to look for that next time I go to the store. My neighbor just told me she uses that brand too lol I love Garnier shampoo and their other hair products.

Quoting michiganmom116:

lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM

i do mine at home. i use loreal.

nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I don't use home hair color
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)