Green Your Car
Did you know that 20% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S. come from cars, SUVs, and other light trucks? Do your part to reduce these emissions!
You don't have to go out and buy a hybrid to make your driving more environmentally-friendly. Just try some of these tips:
- Avoid unnecessary mileage by running all your errands in one trip.
- Drive smoothly and keep to the speed limit to cut back on gas and CO2 emissions.
- Keep your engine tuned so that it's as fuel-efficient as possible.
- Organize carpools to the places you drive the most: work, school, your kids' activities, etc.
- Bicycle or walk short distances rather than drive
- Roll down your windows on hot days, instead of automatically turning on the air conditioning.
If you don't own a car, you're already doing your part to make your transportation environmentally-friendly. According to the Center for Transportation Excellence, "public transportation produces, on average, per passenger mile, 95 percent less carbon monoxide, 92 percent fewer volatile organic compounds, 45 percent less carbon dioxide and 48 percent less nitrogen oxide" than private vehicles.
How do you plan to green your driving? Tell us in the replies below!
Click here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!