Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

another annoying post about my move LOL

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok well we are moving out to where there is a septic tank.  I have never ever had a septic tank before.  I tried to google a bit.  I guess my idea of putting in a garbage disposal is not going to happen.  I know my brother had problems with it but my dad has had it pumped out since then.  He also thinks they were flushing sanitary napkins etc.  Any clues or hints for me on how to NOT have issues with one?  

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM
my parents have one and don't use a garbage disposal and get it regularly checked. Are you buying a house with one? make sure its inspected as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM

no we are moving on to my parents land.  we each have our own septic tanks.  we are "renting" from them

lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM

use white toilet paper. some of them say septic safe on them. it usually takes it a long time to fill up. and usually the water tastes better.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Rid-x monthly is what my grandma used and never had issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I have NO idea.  sorry

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My parents have a septic tank. I would never install a garbage disposal with a septic tank. Just make sure you pump it out regularly and use Rid X.

slightlyperfect

Mommynwife26
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
My parents have one, no garbage disposals, no womens products etc. But they have lived there 8yrs never had an issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I had a garbage disposal and a septic tank. I never had issues with mine. I didn't flush tampons or anything besides toilet paper and only things like strawberry tops and veggie peelings in the disposal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
becky.riley
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM

You can get a garbage disposal with a septic tank, but you have to make sure that it is one that is ok to use with a septic tank.

flowrsgalore
I feel like I'm sorta losing it, being a bitch. motivation where are you?
Today at 4:23 PM
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

We have a septic tank & a garbage disposal. We have been here over 10 years never used rid ex. No issues. It's probably going to act up now that I've replied to this. I'm sure it's time to have the thing pumped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)