Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Kettle Corn?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 3 Replies

It would seem I've developed an addiction to kettle corn.  I'm spending way too much on it.  Does anyone have a good recipe for Kettle Corn.  Plus, if I have to go to all the trouble to make it myself, I may cut back on it.  LOL!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momtimestwo
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I haven't tried it, but there is a recipe here...
http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2013/01/homemade-kettle-corn.html?m=1#.UXf99WS9Kc0
MonarchMom22
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Hubby makes it for us as a treat.  He heats up Canola oil (2 Tablespoons) and adds the kernels to the pot.  When it gets hot, just about ready to start popping, he adds 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar.  Cover and swirl the pan as it pops to keep it from burning the sugar.

When it's done he adds a bit of salt. You can adjust the amount to your liking.  We use the Orville Reddenbacher original corn kernels that come in the plastic jar.

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

This is what I do, too!  YUM!

Quoting MonarchMom22:

Hubby makes it for us as a treat.  He heats up Canola oil (2 Tablespoons) and adds the kernels to the pot.  When it gets hot, just about ready to start popping, he adds 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar.  Cover and swirl the pan as it pops to keep it from burning the sugar.

When it's done he adds a bit of salt. You can adjust the amount to your liking.  We use the Orville Reddenbacher original corn kernels that come in the plastic jar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)