Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Where do you buy your kids summer clothes?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 73 Replies

I took a look around in walmart but they had nothing good for shorts. I think I'lll hit up the thrift store later.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

DD and I are going to a thirft store Saturday morning while hubby and DS sleep in.  It is our little get away.  But I seem to find more for my DD at the thirft stores lately that she likes rather than the regular stores.  I told her if we cant find summer stuff there then we would hit up walmart since she can fit into juniors xs at least for shirts.

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

thankfully ....hand me downs usually ... but our once upon a child is awesome so I go there.  I have heard the clearance at Target is good - I just dont seem to time it right. I guess that would work for clothes for the next season.  Doesnt really help you with the shorts issue.  Oh.. kohls does have some good sales - and their brands seem to hold up pretty well... you can check that on line if you dont have one near you.

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM

old navy is a place my friend has a lot of success at too.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I used to buy most of our stuff at second hand sales locally.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That seems to be the best place for us for new pants/shorts.

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I look in thrift stores first.  If I don't find anything there, I usually go to WalMart.   Yard sales are another option, but I have to work every Saturday morning, so I don't make it to many.

Yellowlily333
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I buy a lot of his clothes from zulily. ( http://www.zulily.com/invite/bbowsernaser611 ) but I also hit up clearnence racks at Gymboree and Gap. :)

beachbeauty
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I like Old Navy, too. Also Children's Place and Crazy 8. Walmart IMO is overpriced for the poor quality, except for character t-shirts. Those are cheap and the kids love them.
Quoting e.sugarbaby:

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

My son is on the small side and old navy really seems to be the best option. I wasn't going to get anything at walmart then my son saw angry bird shirts and they were cheap so we got those.

Quoting beachbeauty:

I like Old Navy, too. Also Children's Place and Crazy 8. Walmart IMO is overpriced for the poor quality, except for character t-shirts. Those are cheap and the kids love them.
Quoting e.sugarbaby:

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

typically carters/osh kosh/children's place. But he's been getting more and more from walmart or old navy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)