Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Jennie Garth Shares How She Saves Money (She Even Clips Coupons!) Does this surprise you?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Jennie Garth Shares How She Saves Money as a Single Mom (She Even Clips Coupons!)

by Adriana Velez

jennie garthAttention coupon-clipping moms, your new frugalista BFF is here. Jennie Garth is spilling her money-saving secrets for coupon site RetailMeNot. I know what you're thinking -- SUPER, it's another Goop with totally unhelpful lifestyle advice from another celeb who sleeps on a mattress made of money every night. Tips for two-for-one Manolos? Gee. Thank you for that, Internet.

But wait! You may be confusing Jennie with her Beverly Hills 90210 character, Kelly Taylor. Wait until you hear where she gets her daughters' clothes!

In her first post, Jennie says, "I'm no Beverly Hills socialite." She talks about growing up in a big family (six kids!) on a ranch in Illinois. They grew a lot of their own food and her mother tried to feed the family on $12 a week! She had her three daughters at a relatively young age by Hollywood standards. And as we all know, she recently became a single mom.

Is Peter's Twilight payout trickling down into alimony? Does she still rake in some dough on 90210 residuals? Yeah... probably. But she says she gets her daughters' clothes from a major women's fast-fashion chain famous for its ridiculously low prices. And she orders books pretty much the same way the rest of us do (looking for that free shipping). Can you picture Jennie clipping coupons? Neither can I, but why not?

So hey, bring it on. We'd love to hear more about how Jennie saves money and stretches her dollars for those three growing girls. We'll have to stay tuned. 

Are you surprised to hear Jennie shops at some of the same stores you do?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:17 PM
sort of. and it's refreshing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It's because she is SMART and knows the money wont last if you just blow through it. She probably has good savings accounts and such set up for the future. It's good to see that some of hollywood has sense and realize that one day there might be a job for them and they will still need to support themselves.

nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
That's awesome
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yes I am surprised, I think it's great.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I'm not too surprised she shops like a non-celeb. It seems to be a growing trend amongst the celebrities, to prove that they are 'regular'. But I'd be interested in reading her tips.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM

more power to her! WTG

a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM
That is awesome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)