Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

It just keeps getting worse

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

First we had the normal out of pocket medical bills from the winter flu.

Then we have my son's treatment center which is allowing us to only pay $300 a month.  We owe them more like $300 a week. 

Then he just got put on a new medicne that costs us $200 a month.

But I am keeping my head up and going to focus on doing what I can.  This has been the best thing possible for my son so I am holding on to that and knowing in the end it will all be worth it. 

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marz31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

UGH, I'm sorry. hopefully this will be it and you will be able to breathe again soon!

lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

good luck momma!

a_and_j_momma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Stressful for you but you are making progress
matreshka
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this. (((hugs)))

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I'm so sorry.  Big hugs.  You can only do what you can do.

supermillerMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Why would they only allow $300/month??  If you have extra, I guess, just throw it in an account or set up monthly payments online so it's automatically deducted.  I'm glad he's getting treatment, though :(  It really is ridiculous that people have to go broke to get the best care.  Hopefully things turn around soon.  Sounds like you deserve a break.  

Moki75
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

no that is them being nice.  it costs us $300 a week or about $1200 a month after insurance.  I can barely afford the $300 a month.  They are trying to work with me so we could afford it.  I saw the first bill and before insurance for two weeks it was $3300

Quoting supermillerMom:

Why would they only allow $300/month??  If you have extra, I guess, just throw it in an account or set up monthly payments online so it's automatically deducted.  I'm glad he's getting treatment, though :(  It really is ridiculous that people have to go broke to get the best care.  Hopefully things turn around soon.  Sounds like you deserve a break.  

supermillerMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

OH!  Okay, I get it.  Sorry. Well, at least they allow payments, I guess.  I've been (and worked) places where if you couldn't pay upfront they wouldn't treat you.  (This is me trying to focus on the positive.) 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on May. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

medical care is nuts when u dont have insurance :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)