Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How to coupon in a small town?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

How can I get great deals on items if all the stores we have here are: Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and Albertsons.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM

substitute united for albertsons and that is all I have and I live in a big town LOL

I don't coupon.  I use in store sales to guide my weekly shopping. 

eviesmom453
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I get great deals at Target all the time. I just got a bunch of near free razors last week by using the coupons in the paper and printing Target coupons online:)

JustaGirl13
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Oh hun You can get ALL kinds of deals at those stores! I would be more concerned about making sure my papers had all the inserts in them. I can't make the link clickly but here is a website that gives a breakdown of blogs per state. That might help.

http://my-frugal-lifestyle-guide.blogspot.com/

I just got 8 bottles of listerine for free from target this week. :)

Omd12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Cvs us awesome for coupons
Goigle cvs deals date
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Afullcup.com
matreshka
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I know that target has coupons online and you can stack those with mfg coupons. CVS has coupons as well.

matreshka
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Oh and walmart will price match.

reach4thestars
by Laura on May. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I will matchup my sales papers with the coupons that are available either online or from my newspaper.  By matching the two together I get a better deal.

You have a lot of great stores in your area.

For Target you can stack coupons like the other ladies stated.  What that means is you can use 1 Target coupon and 1 Manufacturers coupon on the same item.  By doing that you can get amazing deals and even free items. 

Walmart will ad match.  So if you find a sale better somewhere else, take in the competitor's sale paper to Walmart and they give you the competitor's price.  So say you received the Kmart sale paper in your newspaper and you don't have a Kmart near you, but you find a deal from Kmart's sales paper.  Take it to Walmart and they'll give you the Kmart price.

With CVS I do matchups as well.  Also be on the lookout for sale items that will give you Extra care bucks back to you for buying a certain item.  Then you can use the Extra care bucks on your future orders and save money that way too. 

Decemberlov
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I love walgreens! Seems like I often walk out of there with $5 off coupons! I use coupons on items high in points and get tons of coupons. I also found out that when you buy something and get a coupon and exchange it for another item you get the same exact coupon again. Happened to me twice with getting 2 $5 off coupons. Not like I would go to the trouble to do that lol just something I noticed.

Decemberlov
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I also use my coupons on the smaller size items usually like $2.00 off coupon for platex tampons the other day  - used it for the small size that was only $3.00 costing me $1.00 for 20 as oppose to getting the bigger size where it would cost me more per piece...if that makes sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)