Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

think taking extra condiments and napkins etc.doesn't hurt?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've read numorous times that people bring handfuls of condiment packs and stuff from restaurants to use at home instead.of buying.it themselves. Who do you think pays for those things? The restaurants do. Where do restaurants get their money from? YOU!! What do restaurants do when their profit margin lessons? Raise prices, limit pay raises, lower hours. And you wonder why things get expensive. Also if the employees are losing hours, think of that as stealing from the employees family.

Or, most restaurants have a set amount they can order on those products. So if the amount that's being used doesn't equal to the sales then they will likely run out and other customers might not have their favorite condiment to use with their nuggets or fries they just bought.

just something to think about.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I agree with you.  I would never just go grab 20 extra hot sauces from taco bell and walk out the door with them.  Tacky

Hanab818
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I agree with you. If in have left covers I have left covers. Most condiments I get for cheap anyways with sales and coupons.
HaileysMom07180
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i agree.  i usually don't even take the condiment packets.  I like the brands i have at home.  same with napkins, granted i do stockpile the napkins that come with our delivered food, more particulary the Jimmy Johns Napkins,  they put so many of those in those bags.

mamabens
by Miranda on May. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I admit that if I accidentally get out too many napkins or more condiments than we use I take them with us. Mainly because more times than I can count I've watched employees go behind me and throw them away if I leave them on the table. I'd never go back and purposely get a handful just to take home. We keep the napkins in the car because we're always needing one. 

BabyFruit Ticker

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I agree, the profit margins and losses always get passed down to the consumer.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on May. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

if they set it on the table and i dont use it and take it with me...that isnt hurting anyone...

aneela
2 moms liked this

now if i grab ALL that is set in a tray that is for ALL customers...that is greedy and i dont do that

aneela
1 mom liked this

but what they leave on the table gets tossed anyway...so whats wrong with taking it home ???

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Omg where do you live. thought Jimmy Johns is a New Orleans thing. we have one in hammond now

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

i agree.  i usually don't even take the condiment packets.  I like the brands i have at home.  same with napkins, granted i do stockpile the napkins that come with our delivered food, more particulary the Jimmy Johns Napkins,  they put so many of those in those bags.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
yeah that's fine. i always get extra napkins if we go through drive thru and it goes in the console

Quoting mamabens:

I admit that if I accidentally get out too many napkins or more condiments than we use I take them with us. Mainly because more times than I can count I've watched employees go behind me and throw them away if I leave them on the table. I'd never go back and purposely get a handful just to take home. We keep the napkins in the car because we're always needing one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN