Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

no poo? edit edit 2

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 34 Replies
Does anyone do the no poo method? If so how often do you go between washes? How does the transition stage work?

I'm going to do it starting tonight. I already bought the spray bottles and at the stuff I need. I plan on giving it 2 months. If My hair is still super oily and nasty by July I'm going to go back to my old stuff

Update 2. I LOVE IT!! Been doing it for a month and a half and my hair has never felt or looked better. Thanks everyone for the useful advice.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Anyone?
specialwingz
by Corey on May. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I've read many posts about it.  I don't do it because I can't get past the greasy stage.  Can't stand oily hair.  =/

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done it - I think it depends on your hair type. I have a mess of kinky curly course, and wavy hair...the underside being the unruly side. I normally wash my hair every two days, I could go three in the winter. Which no poo method are you trying?? After all my attempts I tried Wen and I loved it. Then I got stupid and bleached my hair - ugh - waiting to grow it out a little more and then it's back to Wen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Baking soda and apple cider vin. My hair is super straight and not thin but not thick. the only issue I have with my hair is the split ends and friz. other then that completely managable, and I can go 3 days between washes with reg shamopp before it gets nasty. I also shed a lot but in mc someone told me that the sheding wont be as bad with the no poo. I told dh that and now he really wants me to try it, he says i shed worse then a dog, and hes right.

Quoting mybratsmom:

I've done it - I think it depends on your hair type. I have a mess of kinky curly course, and wavy hair...the underside being the unruly side. I normally wash my hair every two days, I could go three in the winter. Which no poo method are you trying?? After all my attempts I tried Wen and I loved it. Then I got stupid and bleached my hair - ugh - waiting to grow it out a little more and then it's back to Wen.

Hanab818
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I can go 3 days now before my hair gets greasy and oily.

Quoting specialwingz:

I've read many posts about it.  I don't do it because I can't get past the greasy stage.  Can't stand oily hair.  =/

RaeRaeNe
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

been doing some sort of no poo my entire life. i have wavy ish /straight thick hair. i can go like 4 days before my hair feels icky lol

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I couldnt do it. I have to wash mine daily
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I've never done it, my hair gets to greasy.

lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM

i wouldnt do that. it would make me feel nasty.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Just make sure to really rinse the baking soda - especially if you have dark hair, and use cool water after the vinegar. I hope you like it.

As for the comments re: greasy hair - this method is good for that. Baking soda helps to exfoliate your scalp and remove build up from your current products, which could be causing your oily hair. The vinegar is basically a neutralizer, and helps to bring back the natural body and shine to your hair.

Quoting Hanab818:

Baking soda and apple cider vin. My hair is super straight and not thin but not thick. the only issue I have with my hair is the split ends and friz. other then that completely managable, and I can go 3 days between washes with reg shamopp before it gets nasty. I also shed a lot but in mc someone told me that the sheding wont be as bad with the no poo. I told dh that and now he really wants me to try it, he says i shed worse then a dog, and hes right.

Quoting mybratsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN