Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Summer Projects

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you have anything planned to do this summer?

Have you been saving up to do it?

by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on May. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Two of my girlfriends and I are planning family beach vacations and chip in to save us money. We also planned out going to Ginnie Spring for camping and going to Jekyll Island before school start. Yes, saving money for it and glad we're all chipping in. 

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

For us, it's all happening in Spring.  We are remodeling our living room, foyer and guest bathroom.  We are almost done with all the painting.  The wood floors get installed this coming Tuesday.  I CANNOT wait to get this carpet OUT OF MY HOUSE!  I HATE CARPET!!!!  LOL.

On top of the remodel work, we are also planning our June wedding and doing the hunter/jumper horse competition circuit with our granddaughter.

Summer will be the wedding, visiting with all the out-of-town family and friends and heading out on our honeymoon cruise.  When we get back, we plan on just relaxing.  The key word here is PLAN.  We all know how PLANS go.  LOL.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

we're redoing our backyard....raising sprinklers, putting down about 2 in of soil and laying sod. We're also renovating our chicken coop....dh wants to extend the back along with lowering the floor, expanding the door, moving nesting boxes and adding more perches...

I'm also planning on propagating my rasperberries and trying to do the same with my roses.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We're planning on some extensive remodeling in the kitchen/living room/dining room to open the rooms up to each other.  Other than that it's the typical gardening/canning/freezing and raising chickens for the freezer.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'd just like to make the most of dd's last summer as an only child and do everything we can. Swimming, picnicking in the mountains, amusement parks, finding farms to pick our own fruits and veggies, anything fun. I know all of these things are possible with a baby but I wanna make the most of it this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
And dh's family is planning a reunion im August and I'm hoping we can come.but I'm not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Just cleaning up the yard at the place we are moving too.  It has been neglected for about 5 years.  And the final touches of the trailer remodle.  Nothing fun fun.  

matreshka
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
nothing planned since we may have to move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

It is not really something we saved up for, but we have made DS's sandbox bigger and I am re-doing out flower beds and adding some flowers and bushes to them to really make them stand out.  Other than that nothing to special.  Possibly re-painting the living room if I ever figure out what colors I want it to be.

nmaxwell816
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Go to a baseball game with the kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)