Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

This Pregnancy is Ruining Our Budget!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 131 Replies

I seriously can't stop eating. I'm 19 weeks pregnant and ALWAYS hungry. I eat my 3 regular meals a day, and mini meals in between. I feel like I'm never full. I'm spending so much on food now that I have to dip into savings or money I put aside for gas or something. Not to mention the cravings. Oh, the cravings.

Also, I have a bad case of pregnancy brain. I will write my list and make sure its chalk full of good foods and forget things we need like garbage bags and toilet paper. So I'm running out to the store a lot which usually results in me buying more than what I planned on. Usually a craving lol.

I attempted a meal plan for this week and while I didn't stick by it day by day, I made something from that list everyday and stuck to that. I didn't have to run out for stuff. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and I wrote a list of dinners (still working on lunch ideas) and I based my grocery list from that (and made sure to include all paper products!).

Hoping this works! We're supposed to be working on our savings for this baby's arrival, not dwindling it!!

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nmaxwell816
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Can you get wic for the fruits and veggies?
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I talked to my DH about it a couple days ago. I'm not sure if we qualify but I'm going to apply. Produce and milk would help a lot. Anything would help, really.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

nmaxwell816
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
What state so you live in ? Do an online search to find out income limits for your family size also

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I talked to my DH about it a couple days ago. I'm not sure if we qualify but I'm going to apply. Produce and milk would help a lot. Anything would help, really.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

nmaxwell816
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
In our state you can apply onlinw
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'm in Colorado. I looked it up when I was trying to find income qualifications for my states preschool program but I forgot what the requirements are.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

What state so you live in ? Do an online search to find out income limits for your family size also

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting nmaxwell816:

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep in mind that wic considers an unborn child a mamber of the house hold.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I'm in Colorado. I looked it up when I was trying to find income qualifications for my states preschool program but I forgot what the requirements are.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

That would be a huge relief! We had WIC for dd's first year of life and when we moved when she was 9m I had to switch WIC offices and they were AWFUL. I was talked down to at every appt because I still breastfed (isn't that what they advocate anyway?) and wasn't interested in introducing whole milk. And the lady was so incredibly mean when I resubmitted DH's paystubs and it put us over the limit. She acted like I was a scam artist or something. I walked out in tears. So I'd love to be able to qualify, we could use the help, but I'm seriously hoping that they have a new staff if we do!

Quoting nmaxwell816:

In our state you can apply onlinw

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Thanks! That's good to know!!
Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Keep in mind that wic considers an unborn child a mamber of the house hold.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting nmaxwell816:

nmaxwell816
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=CDPHE-PSD%2FCBONLayout&cid=1251618409114&pagename=CBONWrapper
nmaxwell816
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I think I found the link
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN