Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

A big budget woohoo for us. I'm very happy with this

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

We do the budget plan for our gas/electric bill.  We were set at 242$ back in fall for a whole house.  That was pretty high.  I got email this morning from the utility company. We are dropped down to 183$ a month. That is a savings of 59$.  I have so much I could use 59$ on.  Like food.   The email says they will now review our bill every 6 months. Adjust it accordingly.  After our son moved out.  He closed up the vents upstairs.  So we were not heating space no one uses much.  I figure the same in summer.  Don't cool the upsairs.  Less electric will be used just cooling the downstairs. 

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Yay! Woo hoo! And congratulations.
I love when my bill drops too.
May I ask how you get a consistent bill? My company bills my month by month based on what we use. I have never heard of a six month set bill. That would be kinda cool.
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Call the utility and ask if they have budget billing or level payment. Something along those lines. We love it! Our gas went down 30 bucks this year. Ours gets adjusted yearly.

Quoting JulesFairy:

May I ask how you get a consistent bill? My company bills my month by month based on what we use. I have never heard of a six month set bill. That would be kinda cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missym31
by New Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I do the budget option with our electric company too and its great. Im glad you got a savings. Its awesome when you can actually see money you save!!

lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM

that great!

JulesFairy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Thank you. Ill look into that. I always wondered how people had all fixed bills. I always just kinda guessed at where mine was based on the season ans where ot was in previous years.

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Call the utility and ask if they have budget billing or level payment. Something along those lines. We love it! Our gas went down 30 bucks this year. Ours gets adjusted yearly.

Quoting JulesFairy:

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM

We signed up for the budget plan. So we get the same bill each month.  They spread out our heating bill over the year. The first year in our house. The heat bill would be very high. We couldn't afford it all at once. So we went budget.  But now they review that budget amount every 6 months.  To calculate our actual useage in that time period. If we paid to much in. We get a credit at the end of the budget calendar.  One year.  We must of paid in a little to much. So when the next budget cycle started.  We had a credit they took off t he 1st bill of the new cycle. 

Quoting JulesFairy:

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

That's awesome!  woohoo

....ClvrScn.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Wahoo! How exciting! But that's crazy that your light bill is so high. Mine on high months is 60 dollars, on low month's is 10 dollars. I just called and set up the budget, it's 24 dollars a month.

I see that your electric is used for heating. We use gas for heating. The gas bill is the high bill in Ohio.

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Yesterday at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Love when stuff like that happens!

slightlyperfect

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Fantastic!  What great news!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)