Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I wonder if this was the original price or not

Posted by   + Show Post

I wonder if this really could of been the original price.  For this bracelet.  I paid 15.99.  But regular price was 79.99 I got it for a friends mother for mothers day. It says on the box. Genuine stone.  It's Aventurine.  The bracelet is pretty.  When I was picking the bracelet out.  The sign by this table of bracelets said Sale 24.99.  Ok. I was set to pay that.  I went to one of the price scanners for something else I was getting.  But put the bracelet under the scanner also. To make sure it will ring up the sale price.  It come up much less.  I don't say nothing. Just took the deal and left.  But not knowing enough about gem stones.  Not sure if the 79.99$ price would be worth it for reglar price for such a gem stone bracelet.  The little charm on the bracelet is Sterling Silver.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Replies (21-27):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I don't know about $79 but $14.99 is a good price for that.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My friends mother loved the bracelet.  I even printed out something on the stone. She gets into all the stones and crystals stuff. 

peledomer
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I always wonder that myself, if companies put a false price on something to send our brains that message of "wow what a great deal" either way I would have paid the $25.00 it was originally advertised for, so even better that you got it for $16. Or was that part of their trickery also....hmmm....

Oh well, it is very pretty, green is my favorite color!

Mezcaldottie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Worked in retail many years and yes price bumping is such an everyday occurrance. The general rule is , is that something is worth only what you can get someone to pay for it, unfortunately. I LOVE the bracelet ! You did great at the price you paid, in my opionion. Personally I stay Away from all the gimick sales, especially at the holidays.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It's very pretty!  I think you got a good deal, no matter what the original price may have been.

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Although it is a beautiful bracelet, the aventurine is NOT worth $80.  I buy aventurine for $3 per 3' strand.  The sterling silver charm isn't that expensive either.  You paid about what I get for an aventurine bracelet.

Marz31
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I probably wouldn't pay that much for it (original price) but I bet people would pay twice what you paid, so I'd say you got a nice deal! it's very pretty :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN