Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

i have to downgrade my phone :(

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 16 Replies
i'm sad. so my husband got family health insurance and starting june 1st he will have weekly deductions of 130dollars. Before my daughter had healthy families but my husband hated it and hated it that I wasnt insured either-he was. So he added us and now I have to find ways to cut our bills. So im downgrading our phones. Right now, we pay 170 for 2 phones which is hefty. I can't leave because I have a contract so I'm just going to do the minutes with unlimited texting plan. I will miss coming on cafemom on my phone lol.
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

We switched from verizon to straight talk to cut down our cell phone bill.  The money we saved in just 2 months paid for our contract cancellation fee.  I get unlimited talking and text for $45 a month. 

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Www.thrrawdata.com
And you get a smart phone.

Also. .. aboutface shoppers have the opp to get a simple phone with texting. They will pay for 6 months of service and the phone.

I'm sorry. .. health insurance is worth it!
kgsharber
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

S glad to s see someone being real. These are the sacrifices you make to better your family. Good job lady!

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Therawdata
mamavaness
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM
thanks. i'm excited to have insurance again but i'm also so nervous like I hope we make it :) i'm trying to find all the ways to lower our bills.

Quoting kgsharber:

S glad to s see someone being real. These are the sacrifices you make to better your family. Good job lady!

chicken13
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Insurance is soooooo important.  Honestly, one accident and you'd be sunk financially. 

You can do it.  

Quoting mamavaness:

thanks. i'm excited to have insurance again but i'm also so nervous like I hope we make it :) i'm trying to find all the ways to lower our bills.

Quoting kgsharber:

Decemberlov
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

All I can say is that we were on Verizon and I down graded my phone - they said I would save $50 a month and I thought it would be worth it. Come to find out when we got our bill they only really took $15 off and refused to fix it. I was pissed.

We left Verizon and went to T Mobile and now have 2 smart phones for less than we had 1 smart phone & 1 reg. phone from Verizon.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM

That sucks, we may have to downgrade our phones too.

iluv2read
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Boo! That bites, but you do what you gotta do. I for one prefer coming here on my laptop to my phone - the phone screen is just too small, lol.

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

chrissysnow22
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. I downgraded a few months ago. I am adjusting.. Good luck. Congrats on the Heath care
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)