Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm considering couponing again.

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 27 Replies
My budget has been a disaster recently..and the prices just keep climbing. :(
I did couponing a couple years ago, before that coupon show came out and everyone went crazy with it. Then the stores started cracking down on their policies.
I don't know if the stores have relaxed or if people have calmed down about it, but I'm seriously considering giving it a try again. The only reason I stopped last time was because or stress.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I know exactly what you mean!  Every week the bills for food and gas inch upward, but our salaries don't!  I always try to buy in season/ on sale.  I want my family to eat well but I certainly don't want to go broke doing it!  I use coupons too, but I never got the hang of the whole extreme couponing thing.  

tiredmomfor2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I did some of the extreme couponing, and actually did OK with it. We own our own business that I help with and also home school...it just got to be too much at the time. My husband suggested I take a break.
Oh and I definitely know what you mean by trying to eat healthy and not go broke. It is a fine line to try to walk without falling off anymore. :(

Quoting lizfnf:I know exactly what you mean!  Every week the bills for food and gas inch upward, but our salaries don't!  I always try to buy in season/ on sale.  I want my family to eat well but I certainly don't want to go broke doing it!  I use coupons too, but I never got the hang of the whole extreme couponing thing.  
lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

i am starting to use coupons also but not extreme couponing.

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I use coupons but im nowhere near extreme
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I was thrilled to use $10 in coupons the other day.  it certainly helps!

momavanessa
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

The stricter rules never bothered me. I coupon but I don't clear shelves and never use more than 10 coupons at a trip. I think I am bigger on Freebies in the mail and contests.

a_and_j_momma
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't stress myself with couponing. I just grab the ones I want and check to see if any of them match with things already on sale
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I don't a whole lot of coupons, though, because I mostly buy generics. I pretty much get all my toiletries as freebies. I honestly can't remember the last year I had to buy shampoo or conditioner!
Quoting momavanessa:

The stricter rules never bothered me. I coupon but I don't clear shelves and never use more than 10 coupons at a trip. I think I am bigger on Freebies in the mail and contests.

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Good luck! I'm having a hard time gettingthe free or next to free stuff I once did but the savings can still be worth it

lovinmykids64
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I want to try it I never done it I am kind of nerves but I am gonna give it a try any tips would be helpfull if you don't mind sharing 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)