Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My WIC Appt is in 30min **Updated**

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
And I'm really nervous!!! As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I had a really bad experience with them last time so I'm kinda freaked out.
I'll update when I'm done there. Wish me luck!

****Update: We qualified!! The lady I saw today was the polar opposite of the lady I saw 2 years ago. Very sweet to me and fantastic with DD. Even when it came to the finger prick for the iron test, my little girl didnt even cry because the lady was so sweet to her about it and very kind. I asked her if I could see her at every appt and told her that the last lady I saw was really rude and it made me nervous for today's appt. She apologized and said she'll put it in my file that I only see her. So relieved!
And I had no idea just how much we'd get! Holy wow!!!! This is going to seriously help us save on our food budget, and thank God!!!! We really needed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

You need a lot of patience when you are dealing with WIC.  Just don't let them get under your skin.

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thanks. Im afraid they'll ask me a bunch of inappropriate questions like last time. I dont know how to handle it if they do.

Quoting ninamsi:

You need a lot of patience when you are dealing with WIC.  Just don't let them get under your skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
What were they asking? They never ask anything unusual but every office is different.

I would simply say "I'm not comfortable answering that question."

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thanks. Im afraid they'll ask me a bunch of inappropriate questions like last time. I dont know how to handle it if they do.

Quoting ninamsi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

good luck!

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Last time we had wic the lady grilled me on how we could afford to fly to see dh's family and when I told her they bought the tickets it turned into how could he afford time off, who was paying for parking at the airport all kinds if stuff. It was awful. She made me feel terrible for extended nursing, it was just a mess.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

What were they asking? They never ask anything unusual but every office is different.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ninamsi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Wow! I hope you filed a complaint.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Last time we had wic the lady grilled me on how we could afford to fly to see dh's family and when I told her they bought the tickets it turned into how could he afford time off, who was paying for parking at the airport all kinds if stuff. It was awful. She made me feel terrible for extended nursing, it was just a mess.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ninamsi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl4326
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

That is none of their business!! Where do they get off with asking these kinds of questions?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ninamsi:

cookinmommyof1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM
What a bitch. I had the nutritionist te me whem ds was a baby that I was setting h up for a lifetime of obesity and because of me he would peobanly die from it because I started with druits instead of veggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

So how did it go?

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Just updated :)

Quoting Terpsichore:

So how did it go?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)