Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just have to tell someone.

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, I'm new to this group, but I feel I just needed to post this somewhere that will appreciate it.

Borax! Its good for everything. I just used it to wash my dishes, and it works better than Ajax dish soap. Plus, its super cheap, and its also totally green. It helped get out the stains on my Tupperware from tomato acid...you know how it can stain plastics and no matter how much you clean it, it just won't go away.

So try it out. Its cheaper, and it works very well..
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobseeker
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I've heard this. I am going to try it in my dishwasher next.  I have tons of dw detergent because I bought some from Sam's just before I heard of it.  I also have a 'recipe' for laundry detergent using borax I got off Pinterest that I got right after that trip to Sam's.  As soon as my Surf box is empty I am making it! I already have all ingredients but 1.

AngelGrace0510
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you just fill a sink with water and add the borax to it? Or how do you do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
where can you buy it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM
where can you buy it? and what is it? ive never seen/heard of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I don't fill the sink, but you can fill the sink up with warm water and add a cup of borax, and wash the dishes that way.

For me, I have a bowl, that I put about 2-3 table spoons of borax in it, and then fill the rest up with water, and mix it, and just dip a sponge in it and clean. But filling up the sink would probably be better, because I had to fill my little bowl up a couple of times.

Quoting AngelGrace0510:

Do you just fill a sink with water and add the borax to it? Or how do you do it

Bauxite-17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM

You can find it in the laundry aisle at probably any grocery store. The brand I bought is called 20 mule.

It was like $4.24 for a box (not even the biggest box), and it lasts a really long time.

Borax is a naturally occuring mineral. Its mined right out of the ground. I've actually been to the largest borax mine in Boron California for a school project. It was neat.

You can use it to clean anything. LIke I thought baking soda was cool, but this stuff cleans so much better than baking soda.

Quoting mommy06and09:

mommy06and09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
wow! thats great. ;) i use baking soda for everything. i may just have to try this. thanks!

Quoting Bauxite-17:

You can find it in the laundry aisle at probably any grocery store. The brand I bought is called 20 mule.

It was like $4.24 for a box (not even the biggest box), and it lasts a really long time.

Borax is a naturally occuring mineral. Its mined right out of the ground. I've actually been to the largest borax mine in Boron California for a school project. It was neat.

You can use it to clean anything. LIke I thought baking soda was cool, but this stuff cleans so much better than baking soda.

Quoting mommy06and09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

You can add the borax to your baking soda, and it makes it even better.

Its safe to mix the two.

Quoting mommy06and09:

wow! thats great. ;) i use baking soda for everything. i may just have to try this. thanks!

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Quoting mommy06and09:

Myrick4pack
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Thanks!
KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That's cool! I had no idea about how it'll clean the Tupperware. I should look into that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)