Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do men try to undo our hard work???

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

I sent hubby with a list to the store after making the menu for the week myself because he refused to help and what does he do? Messes is all up by deveating from the plan. He messed up my dinner plan for tonight all because he can't follow directions and he would have known he was messing it up if he helped with the menu!

Rgggg

I know it's stupid but I just feel like he doesn't get how much effort I put in it and to top it all off I'm pregnant and the meal he messed up was one I really really wanted :(

by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Casperstalks
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I'd make him go back, but that's just me.

3kidz123
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

He brought back talapia instead of haddock...and then tells me it's the same. It's not the same and my recipe was for haddock and that's what I wanted, baked haddock!

MEN

Quoting Casperstalks:

Casperstalks
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell me about it! SO gets lettuce instead of Arugula. Ugh. But of course, gets EVERYTHING right if it's the supper that HE wants.

Jerks.  

Quoting 3kidz123:

He brought back talapia instead of haddock...and then tells me it's the same. It's not the same and my recipe was for haddock and that's what I wanted, baked haddock!

MEN

Quoting Casperstalks:

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Send him back again and again until he gets it right or resign yourself that he will always "mess up" any way he wants to get out of doing the work you want him to.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I do all the planning and grocery shopping. Unless i send him for a few ingredients Im lacking. I like doing the planning and shopping and can't accept it if he does jt differently.
AzariahsMother
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Men, can't live with them and can't live without them.  Sorry! 

nmaxwell816
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Make him go back

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I swear I sometimes think they are inept on purpose so we quit asking them to help.

celticdragon77
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband once admitted that if he didnt want to do something then all he had to do was mess it up so that I never asked him to do it again. Then one day I wondered why I was married if I had to do everything myself anyways. I decided I didnt need another child. We are separated now. His mom at one point begged me to take him back - and I said, you raised him like this, so he is your baby to take care of. I now make sure that all of my kids are independent people who have something to contribute. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson   This mama is the group owner of Education Station and Montessori, has three kids 17, 10.5, 9 yrs old, works, homeschools in S.E. Pa, and explores life + varied interests. 

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
If I sent my DH, he'd come back with $200 worth of CRAP. Some stuff just because "it looked good".

I know he does it on purpose so I won't ask him again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)