Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

He just doesn't understand..

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 17 Replies
Im not exactly the skinniest chick but Im also not extremely overweight. I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant with my 15month old but I have a flabbier belly and I think my thighs arekinda big. A two piece bikini would not flatter me at all. My style is a tankini with skirt so the top covers my belly and flowsover the waist and skirt covers my thighs. Dh keeps asking to go buy me a swim suit. He wants to pick one out for me. But I say i have to try it one and it has to look right on me. I try to show him.the kinds id wear and he keeps.pointing out bikinis. He wants me to wear something "sexy" and he's getting upset i won't let him pick it out. I don't want him wasting money on something i won't wear. I mean I love that he still.thinks Im sexy but the whole beach doesn't need to see my flabby tummy. How do I convince him of.this
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a private backyard? I would let dh pick out a swim suit he wants to see me in but for home use only. Could you also be over critical of your body? I mean, we are all our worst critic, so it's possibly you look amazing but you don't feel it, kwim?

I'd kill to have my bikini body back (to my standards) but if dh thought I was ready I'd totally rock a bikini for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM
We have a private yard but we have no pool or anything. So it would be a waste of money to have a sexy suit. And no I really do have a flabby belly that wouldn't look good in a bikini. He knows it to but he says that other people could careless. Lol.
Plus I have a 15month to care for, he still nurses and a bikini top would make.it too easy to try to pull out my boob. Lol

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Do you have a private backyard? I would let dh pick out a swim suit he wants to see me in but for home use only. Could you also be over critical of your body? I mean, we are all our worst critic, so it's possibly you look amazing but you don't feel it, kwim?

I'd kill to have my bikini body back (to my standards) but if dh thought I was ready I'd totally rock a bikini for him.
KateyBrands
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I know how you feel. I had my son 5 weeks ago and my tummy is flabby and my stretch marks are still really dark. I could care less because I've got the cutest baby to show for it. But with that being said, we live in texas. It gets REALLY hot during the summer and my brother has a lake house, so obviously I'm gonna want to go swimming! My husband told me to wear what I want so I picked out a really cute one piece! I always said I would never wear one, but this one looks kind of vintage-y so I'm okay with it. Maybe go with dh and you both pick one out and you try them on for him. So he can see what they both look like. And if your uncomfortable in the bikini, tell him!
lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM

if he thinks you would look sexy in a bikini then i would get one. after all it doesnt matter what everyone else thinks as long as he likes it. i would do that for my husband. maybe you two can go together and pick out one that you would like.

emeraldangel20
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I say compromise. What about the one pieces that look like a two piece from the back? with the cut outs in the middle?

lovinmyboys...
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Tell him you would be very uncomfortable in a bikini and while you appreciate his imput, you need to pick out something you will feel sexy in.
AzariahsMother
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I understand your thoughts because I also prefer a tankini and I have to say I am thinking about buying a 1 piece that has a little something extra around the belly so it won't look so big.  I'm not preggers but I sure look it at least I think.  Others might say something different.

Maybe going shopping with him and try on several different things, so he can see how uncomfortable you are, and then you can also find one that you like.  Sometimes showing is better then telling.

a_and_j_momma
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I agree. I would hope after this he wouldn't push the issue

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Tell him you would be very uncomfortable in a bikini and while you appreciate his imput, you need to pick out something you will feel sexy in.

mem82
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Why don't you suggest he pick out some sexy undies for you to wear instead? Then he can pick out something sexy, and you can parade it around for him...in the bedroom. LOL

polkaspots
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Go shopping with him. You can pick out your swim suit and he can pick out lingerie. He'll get to pick even sexier stuff because you won't have to worry about a baby going boob diving:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)