Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you want to tell your miscarriage story in a book?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

I recently went to a Christian Book Writer's Conference and several publishers were interested in a book idea I had; which is to tell stories of women who have had God AHA Moments when enduring a miscarriage. The book idea came from my own experience where there was no other explanation then God was there with me. During such a tragic time, I believe many women and couples stray away from their faith. I also believe miscarriage is something many women don't want to talk about. The goal in this book is to show how God is present during such a tragic time. It is to bring hope (which is the name we gave to our daughter who passed away).

If you have a similiar story with God during this terrible time and you would be willing to share it - please email me at kristen_barnett@yahoo.com. For anyone who is in the book, I will provide you a free copy of the book. If the book sells and impacts women's and couple's lives as I hope it will - we will also look to compensate everyone in the book ($25 for each story). Note: We are not looking at how much money the book will bring in, but how we can positively impact lives. When you write to me with interest, I will ask for your God AHA Moment, if there are any bible verses that helped you during this time, if there is a prayer either you wrote or you liked to use during this time, any take-aways or lessons you'd like to share with the readers, and if there are groups you'd like us to reach out to after publishing the book.

Thanks to everyone who has interest! I am very excited to read all of the stories of how God has touched lives in such a terrible time. Thanks Again!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mawnanny13
by on May. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I would be willing to share my experiences..I have had 3 MC's..(2 D&Cs & 1 spontaneous MC) if it wasn't for The Lord, my hubbie & my family..I wouldn't have made it through.
acb4415
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Our miscarriage is very recent. Last Thursday, we discovered that our baby had passed on May 26th. My husband and I are completely devastated  our emotions are so raw and fresh right now, but the one thing that is giving us comfort is God and the faith we share. Even though many people don't know about my baby at the moment, I want to tell everyone about her, my guardian angel. I obviously have a long journey to recover and heal and make peace, but I want to tell the world my story. I had no idea that this affected so many women, it is usually suffered in private and silence, but I would love to help others and help myself heal by telling people how God is helping me through this.

I just e-mailed you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)