Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always on a Sunday something breaks. This is the last place i want to go on Sunday

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

Got up this morning.  Turn on the tv.  Oh crud. No sound. But we have a picture.  Flip the channel. Thinking it's the one channel having technical issues.  Ha.  Fat chance.   Dh says swap the hdmi plug with the Play Station.  Ok. No don't work. Dh messed a bit with it. The tv gets sound not hooked to cable tv.  Realizes the cable box puked on us.  So now after church it's off to the mall. To stop at Time Warner store to swap the box out.  They are open 11am -6pm.  To bad the other Time Warner store by our house. Not in the mall isn't open.  I hate going to the mall on the weekends.  It's always crowded. 

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

.....or you could just do without cable TV for a day and stick with Playstation and DVDs.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yeah tell that to dh. He has his regular tv shows he'll want to watch.   But then again dh also needs something from Radio Shack. Well the Radio Shack 5 blocks from our house is not open Sundays.  He is needing something there. He can use to fix his mobility scooter.  The key that makes it run got lost.  He was using something as a temp fix out of the tool box. So it's another reason to stop at the mall.  Well maybe parking won't be to bad.  It's Fathers Day.   Maybe everyone doing something else. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

.....or you could just do without cable TV for a day and stick with Playstation and DVDs.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I know what you mean, Sundays are race day. Luckily we have 3 TVs,but if it were the kids and I, we'd watch dvds or stream netflix
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I won't tell dh tough.  He's disabled with MS. It's his entertainment at home.  If the cable box is down. He can't even record stuff to watch at a later time.  If I did tell him he can wait til Monday.  He'd be ok. But it's suppose to be hot on Monday.  Not going anywhere in the heat.  Well maybe for a extra Fathers Day treat.  I will take dh to Cinnabons for a late breakfast after church.  

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

this is a good option :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM

The mall was not to bad today.  I was in and out of the Time Warner Store.  Dh got what he needed at Radio Shack. We had some lunch in the food court.  Came home right away.  Glad we were not out to long. It's hot out now. Dh is happy the new box works. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM

i dont have an issue with crowds as much as finding parking lol

glad u all got the stuff u needed tho

a_and_j_momma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM
No fun
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Our sound did that a while back but it was our tv :( we ended up buying a sound bar since it was cheaper than repairs or a new tv..

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Could be worse the mall is 40 miles from us. I hate when things break because of the drive!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)