Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Whats your favorite cheap dinner?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 71 Replies
Whats one of your favorite meals to cook that is super cheap?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulalacroix
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh loves arroz con juevos y ketchup. Hes spanish. It means rice with eggs and ketchup. It probably sounds gross to most people. Anyways it costs less than .50 per serving.
caseyloo
by Casey on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Quoting lulalacroix:

My dh loves arroz con juevos y ketchup. Hes spanish. It means rice with eggs and ketchup. It probably sounds gross to most people. Anyways it costs less than .50 per serving.

Mmmm that sounds so good!

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Chicken adobo.
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

eggs are always a cheap go to, especially in the summer...we have chickens that get to free range so we aren't spending a bunch on feed.

My boys beg for bean and cheese burritos and since i make my own refried beans it ends up being pretty cheap.

Occasionally I make a big pot of white beans with a ham bone in it and make some reg corn bread and jalepeno corn bread to go with it.

ColieO
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Chicken cooked in cream of mushroom soup over rice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Something pasta. Mac salad, Mac n cheese, Mac n meatballs, Mac n herb sauce. Lol But we're not racist about our noodles, any shape will do. Always homemade too.
lulalacroix
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yum!  I love all these foods.  Beans are a good cheap meal.

Quoting RosePetalTears:

eggs are always a cheap go to, especially in the summer...we have chickens that get to free range so we aren't spending a bunch on feed.

My boys beg for bean and cheese burritos and since i make my own refried beans it ends up being pretty cheap.

Occasionally I make a big pot of white beans with a ham bone in it and make some reg corn bread and jalepeno corn bread to go with it.

lulalacroix
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM

You make homemade macaroni pasta?  I make homemade pasta but don't know how to make those type of noodles.

Quoting justahousewife:

Something pasta. Mac salad, Mac n cheese, Mac n meatballs, Mac n herb sauce. Lol But we're not racist about our noodles, any shape will do. Always homemade too.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Breakfast for dinner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Lol not homemade pasta I meant the dishes like Mac n cheese is homemade instead of from the box. I'd love to learn to make pasta but right now it's about the only thing I don't make so it'll wait till I have more time. Lol

Quoting lulalacroix:

You make homemade macaroni pasta?  I make homemade pasta but don't know how to make those type of noodles.

Quoting justahousewife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN