Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How often do you replace your shower liner?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 49 Replies

I noticed tonight while in the shower that part of my liner is folded over. I unfolded it and it looks moldy...like black mold. That can't be cleaned, can it? I'm 6m pregnant so I don't wanna take any chances. Should I replace it? It's been at least a year since I have

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have run mine through the washing machine and it cleans it great.  good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I got sick of cleaning liners or replacing them....I have glass shower doors now.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I do the same - it's part of my cleaning routine.

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
The clear curtain liner? Yes they can be cleaned. I clean mine with diluted bleach or spray bathroom cleaner.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I noticed tonight while in the shower that part of my liner is folded over. I unfolded it and it looks moldy...like black mold. That can't be cleaned, can it? I'm 6m pregnant so I don't wanna take any chances. Should I replace it? It's been at least a year since I have

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I do this. I run mine with a few towels so the towels will "scrub" the curtain :) it's a tricknI learned working at the pool here :)

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

newlife2013
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy them at the 99 cent store and replace them every 2-3 months.
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I think the plastic would melt LOL

The curtain is fine, its just the liner that's moldy looking

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Cool, maybe I'll try that.

P.S. your avi, is that the celtic knot for motherhood? I plan on getting one on my wrist after I have this baby :)

Quoting conniejo75:

The clear curtain liner? Yes they can be cleaned. I clean mine with diluted bleach or spray bathroom cleaner.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Great idea! I'll check my dollar tree
Quoting newlife2013:

I buy them at the 99 cent store and replace them every 2-3 months.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is :)

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Cool, maybe I'll try that.

P.S. your avi, is that the celtic knot for motherhood? I plan on getting one on my wrist after I have this baby :)

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)