Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Im watching Steve Harvey and

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
they are doing a segment on shoe styles. And they highlighted that the shoes are affordable for everyone. Then said they were around $50 a pair. Ok I've NEVER paid anywhere near $50 for dress shoes/strappy sandal heels. If I spend over $20 than I splurged. What about you ladies? I might pay $50 for a pair of Nikes.
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Me to. I would only pay that much for tennis shoes. (I wear Nikes to).
ninamsi
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I have paid $50 for a pair of shoes.  I have narrow feet and it has always been hard to find cheap shoes that last. 

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Typically shoes that they show on TV shows are a lot more expensive... so compared to $200+ shoes, the $50 pair is affordable. 

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM
But the audience is generally sahm on a budget. Why would they show the $200 shoes in the first place.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Typically shoes that they show on TV shows are a lot more expensive... so compared to $200+ shoes, the $50 pair is affordable. 

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I never pay more than $25 a pair.   I do spend about $70 for some good New Balance sneakers.  That always bothers me too when the less expensive item is always way more than I would/could spend.  I think those who have a lot of money and usually run these shows are really out of touch with how small most people's budgets are.  $50 to them might seem like they are being frugal but for most Americans, that's expensive.

caseyloo
by Casey on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

If we had the money I would pay that and more for shoes.  They are one of the few things I let myself splurge on occasionally.  But again, we would have to have the money.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM
See when it comes to shoes id rather have quantity than quality except for tennis shoes. If i actually had to look professional everyday i would have so much more casual dress shoes at about $20ba pair unless i get them on clearance

Quoting caseyloo:

If we had the money I would pay that and more for shoes.  They are one of the few things I let myself splurge on occasionally.  But again, we would have to have the money.

ashliaaronsmom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I paid $17 for my last pair of sneakers at Burlington. I paid $10 for my last pair of flats at Kmart around Easter time when dress shoes are on sale. I have 5 boys and 2 girls so, I buy a lot of shoes for them not myself.
Lisha77
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
$50 is pretty reasonable. I usually pay more for shoes, but I really love shoes!!!! I also try to shop at stores where I can use a coupon.
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I'll buy a pair of $50 shoes on clearance for 25, but never would pay full price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)