Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

WTH Happened to Swagbucks???

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 32 Replies

I was so close to earning enough for a little sewing machine and then all of a sudden it's not available anymore...nor is anything else on my wish list.  I go to the Rewards Center and it's all gift cards!

angry Was there an email or any kind of notification?  Did I miss something?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I found a blog item from June 27th saying they would only be offering gift cards starting July 1st.  There's lots of comments from people that are unhappy with the change.  I added my unhappy comment as well.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I can often find the items elsewhere and spend less on them than I would if I'd used SB.

Babujai
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I can often find the items elsewhere and spend less on them than I would if I'd used SB.

So you like the gift cards then?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting michiganmom116:

So you like the gift cards then?

I usually get Paypal gift cards and Amazon gift cards.  The Paypal ones are redeemed for cash.  I made $125 cash last month!

3kidz123
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I use to like the stuff you could save for too but the paypal is cool :)

I'll probably just save for that since you can use it all over for shopping! Gift cards are more limiting but paypal is nice :)

Maby save up your points and get paypal cash for black friday sales to do your online christmas shopping.

matreshka
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Gift cards sound like a good idea, but I'm sorry you didn'tr get a sewing machine. Maybe you can get an amazon gift card and get it there.

Babujai
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I did some research...

The sewing machine would have cost a little over $11K SB, but I can buy the same sewing machine for $80 on Amazon with a $100 Amazon giftcard for $10K SB.

Quoting matreshka:

Gift cards sound like a good idea, but I'm sorry you didn'tr get a sewing machine. Maybe you can get an amazon gift card and get it there.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

gift cards are a better option as you can find most of those items cheaper elsewhere..i like amazon and walmart

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I just want to know why the plane ticket I bought through Expedia didn't give me swagbucjs. It was supposed to be 2 bucks per dollar spent. Assholes.
katherinemcp
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I hadn't heard that!! But like others have said, I get Amazon or Paypal gc's and I love that!

Amazon did a big promotion last September for Nat'l Sewing Month and did big discounts on sewing machines. I got a machine that retails for $450 for $100. You might find something good then with amazon gift codes and get a really great deal! (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)