Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your frugal fix for zits?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I still break out like a teenager. I've tried so many cleansers and the ones I can afford just dont seem to work.  What home remedies work for breakouts?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babycarney08
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Tooth paste is what I use to bring a head. Then wipe down down alcohol to dry out. For redness and puffiness I use hemroid cream :). Take the puffiness and redness away
StephanAndCoral
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Witch hazel is suppose to work
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I have to fork out money for Proactiv cause its the only thing that works for me. My confidence is worth it because without it I'm less social :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I just saw a pin that said get the liqui-gels of advil/generic and use a safety pin to pierce it and then apply to the zits. I haven't tried it. I wash with water (and a wash cloth) NEVER using any soap or cleansers on my face now (been doing it about a month and I notice a huge difference from the soap I had been using for literally probably decades) and I use a product called acnevir, it's formulated for adult acne and it does work, stinks tho, and not like alcohol. but it does work for larger breakouts or when I want it gone fast.  but I will try the advil thing when I remember to take a few caps home from my stash here at work.

I used to do the toothpaste thing in high school and it absolutely works, has to be the white paste tho, no gels ;)

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I don't even know. I don't have this issue. DD uses Clearsil
aimesnyc
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Lay off the makeup, wash my face, toothpaste on the zit overnight.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

ACV

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My teens had pretty bad acne until we dropped processed foods (yes, grains included.)  NONE of them have acne problems now, not even during DD's monthly cycle.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I've been doing OCM for a few months now and my face cleared up pretty well. I get one or two around my cycle and if I slack on washing my face...dairy also causes some huge issues for me so I try to keep my intake low. Wait, I try to try...fresh mozzarella and Greek yogurts are my weakness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Valerie on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I think I'm going to try witch hazel and/or ACV. Thanks everyone for replying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)