Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Baking question

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

I was thinking of some fruit cobblers.  I got this recipe.  I got the throw away tin foil pans with plastic lids.   I am baking for our parish festival in a few weeks.   I was going to do some berrie cobblers. To donate for the bake sale that runs all weekend of fhe festival.  But not sure how they will be storing the baked goods over the weekend.  Not sure it would be ok to leave them cobblers sitting out on a table for more than a day.   I know some people will leave a fruit pie on the table over night or a couple days.  I keep thinking I don't want the cobblers to spoil.  Wouldn't be nice to get people sick.   I get weirded out with food handling and food safety.   As I work in food service for a living.   I was looking in my Serv Safe handbook.   It was kind of giving me mixed ideas what to do.  No the baked items would not be sitting out in the hot sun.  But also by the weekend of the festival. Who knows if it will be hot outside or not.   

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

If they refrigerate the cobblers I think it should be fine. Can you ask in advance?

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I will have to ask.  I know in prior years. They did not refrigerate anything.  So people baked things that could sit out.

StrangeDays
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
What about packing them on ice to keep them chilled?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN