Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Hoiw many of you have ditched cable?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 65 Replies

Our special bundle pricing ended and there are no other good deals. I am thinking of just doing netflix and hulu plus and gfetting an antenna.

How many of you ladies have ditched cable?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfigu16
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Me!! Best decision ever!! We use netflix and sometimes hulu. We have the xbox live so that helps to have all the apps in one tv! 

proudmomalexis
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
i have direct tv
StrangeDays
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
We haven't yet. We still have 1.5 years on a 2 year contract. If I could afford the early termination fee, it would be gone, but right now, it's just easier to keep it *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

We got a good deal on a smart tv and already have the netflix app and a few others but not hulu plus yet. I was thinking of getting that for cable tv shows that we would be missing, although there aren't many.

Quoting sfigu16:

Me!! Best decision ever!! We use netflix and sometimes hulu. We have the xbox live so that helps to have all the apps in one tv! 

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

How much is it and how many channels do you get? Do you get local channels?

Quoting proudmomalexis:

i have direct tv

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

That was our situation too and now I just can't justify paying even more to keep it now that our 2 year contract is up.

Quoting StrangeDays:

We haven't yet. We still have 1.5 years on a 2 year contract. If I could afford the early termination fee, it would be gone, but right now, it's just easier to keep it *sigh*

sfigu16
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hulu plus to me sometime its a rip off. Sometimes you see shows that are not hulu plus but then come back next week and they are hulu plus so you have to pay to watch them. It just doesnt make sense! 

Quoting matreshka:

We got a good deal on a smart tv and already have the netflix app and a few others but not hulu plus yet. I was thinking of getting that for cable tv shows that we would be missing, although there aren't many.

Quoting sfigu16:

StrangeDays
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
With all of the other options out there (including netflix), I wouldn't continue the service, either.

Quoting matreshka:

That was our situation too and now I just can't justify paying even more to keep it now that our 2 year contract is up.

Quoting StrangeDays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomalexis
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
you will have to check into direct tv they are always having some good promotions. I love it. they alwsys offer grest deals for new customers.
proudmomalexis
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
you will have to check into direct tv they are always having some good promotions. I love it. they alwsys offer grest deals for new customers. I have 100+ channels. and hbo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN