Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

slowly getting ready for school

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
I refused to wait until August to get everything the kids need for school. I started back in April getting a few things here and there looking for the best prices. I found 2 pairs of blue uniformshorts for the girls in the next size for $2 each in April. Then I started buying Jr new shirts here and there. Last paycheck I bought him one pair of shorts with a 20% off coupon making them $8 a pair. Tuesday I bought the girls each a skort with a coupon making them $8 each and with that purchase I got enough points to earn $10 at TCP. So since I got paid today I went back to get Jr 2 more pairs.of shorts with my 20% off coupon. I noticed I bought him too many blue shirts and the girls each needed another white one so I exchanged one of his blue shirts. I bought 2 girls shirts and Jr 2 shorts and a pack of panties and only spent $19. Then went to JCP to look for tennis shoes for Jess on clearance but saw they had green shirts. Both Jr and Juli needed one, Jess will only wear blue and white but the other 2 like variety. They were $8 each but the cashier gave me a discount and got them both for $13. In May I found Juli a pair of twinkle toes for $10 and Nikes for $25. Today I found Jr a pair of slip on dressy polo shoes for $20 and skechers tennis for $25. Still looking for shoes for Jess. She wants these $45 pair of Nikes so Im.seeing if my aunt has a 30% off coupon at Kohls. So Im pretty much done with uniforms except maybe one more pair of shorts for each of them which can wait until I get paid again. And they all need pants especially Jr but that can wait until closer to colder weather. But the girls won't need a lot since they wear leggings with skorts and boots a lot.

And I printed out the school.supply list today. I already have half of Jr's list from my stock I got last year. And some things for the girls. The rest of the supplies I will wait until they start the back.to school sales. I will start getting the paper/classroom supplies together early though.

How are y'all coming with back to school?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Way to go!! My dd isnt old enough for school yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Great job. I won't start until Sept lol
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
How many are you buying.for?

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Bump
artistic_kitty
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

This is our first year and I need to get started. I've been dragging my feet a bit.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
The first year is always the hardest. You need EVERYTHING. Jr fit into the same uniforms for prek and kinder except pants but he only needed a few of those. It doesn't stay cold here much. But he started to outgrow his shirts towards the end of the year last year so I bought a few to make it through the year. But i made him wear his shorts that were getting tight so I had to buy all new bottoms and a few more shirts this year. He was wearing a 4 but I decided to buy 6's even though they are a bit big hoping he can still wear them into 2nd grade.

Quoting artistic_kitty:

This is our first year and I need to get started. I've been dragging my feet a bit.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM
For 2. They have TONS of clothes. It would mostly be for school supplies and shoes in Sept

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yeah my kids have tons of clothes. Just not ones they can wear to school. It sucks

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

For 2. They have TONS of clothes. It would mostly be for school supplies and shoes in Sept

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I haven't started but am thinking about stocking up at www.discountschoolsupply.com. They have 144 #2 pencils for $14.99 and classroom packs of crayons, markers and colored pencils! 200 crayons for about $30!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Great shopping Mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)