Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't it always be summer?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
love this time of yr. We took the kids fishing and caught 9 large trout and a big large mouth bass in about 2.5 hrs on kid fishing poles, worms and bobbers. lol. So we had fresh fish for dinner tonight and I froze some for another night. I steamed some green beans from the garden and dished up the last of my grapes (from kings but they were only .99 a lb....). A delicious fish dinner for 5 and it cost us maybe $3 :) with the added bonus of some fish in the freezer
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Glad you had fun, sounds delicious! I am glad that we have all 4 seasons, too hot during the summer, and too cold during the winter.

starr377
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM

what a grand time! as kids my family would do the same. we like to fish too but we're not in to the cleaning and cooking part like when i was a kid.

personally my favorite time of year is fall. i love the crisp air, not to cold for a coat and not to hot to be sweating. lol. but you can still be outside doing alot of activities!

jules8289
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a perfect day! You also can't beat a dinner from the stream and your garden. Nearly free!  I would like summer better if it stayed in the 70's. Fall is my best time of year. When summer starts I am counting down the days until Oct. 1st. 

countryglammer
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM

i love the outdoors and nice weather

la_bella_vita
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I love this time of year too!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I would love if summer was the only season!
mbrandt1974
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Summer for me is extremely busy. Hopefully by next summer I will be done doing daycare at my house and only will be working 1 job. Right now I am putting in 75 hours a week. I will be glad when school starts. Then I only have kids (who are not mine) before and after school and I will be able to work my second job during school hours.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
That's awesome! Wish we could go fishing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobseeker
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'll give you my Texas summer all year long, I can't wait for fall so we can get some relief!

lyrick24
by Melissa on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

sounds yum! my husband fishes year round.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)