Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Spin off post from You have 50 bucks for groceries. Can you do it?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 44 Replies
I was curious to know how many of budget?

Also when you go grocery shopping do you use debt or cash. I currently use debt and if I go over budget I'm like oh well. But I think I'm going to only being cash so this way there I no going over and hopefully a savings!!
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I try very hard to budget. We use cash. We withdrawal cash after dh gets paid and that's all the money we have to spend til next pay check. So if I go over at the grocery it's less for other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosiemarie
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I make good budgets but sticking to them is my problem...

Quoting OBImomma:

I try very hard to budget. We use cash. We withdrawal cash after dh gets paid and that's all the money we have to spend til next pay check. So if I go over at the grocery it's less for other things.

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I do better using cash. My budget use to be 75 for 2 weeks, but I've bumped it up to around 120 recently because we paid off other debt. So I could easily do 50 a week for groceries. I could probably even do 5 for 2 weeks if I tried. I have noticed I spend less with cash and don't go over like I use to.
rosiemarie
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM
See my dd will not eat the foods that I could stretch a budget with....for heavens sake they will not wT eggs so there goes veggie pies or casseroles .....they won't eat Mac n cheese ....I know what kid won't eat Mac n cheese....
They are pains and Re gonna have to stRt eating whatever I make cause I. Turin my grocery bill

Quoting victoriaherring:

I do better using cash. My budget use to be 75 for 2 weeks, but I've bumped it up to around 120 recently because we paid off other debt. So I could easily do 50 a week for groceries. I could probably even do 5 for 2 weeks if I tried. I have noticed I spend less with cash and don't go over like I use to.

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I coupon so I get a variety of stuff, not just whatever is normal cheap food like eggs and Mac and cheese. We eat a lot of name brands that I get for close to free with my coupons.
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I budget but being pregnant makes it harder to stick to the plan. I try! I only grocery shoo twice a month and that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We could easily do it as that's about what I spend when "times are tough", if not less. We do have a budget, which we stick to really well. I personally like to use cash because I like to get change to put in our vacation jar, although since summer started I've been using the debit card so I don't have change to take back to the bank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I tried to get 9 days of food for 50 bucks yesterday but I ended up spending $75.  

I use my debit card but I always know my balance etc.  Cash never really works for me.  I guess maybe if I left my debit card completly at home etc. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quoting Moki75:

I tried to get 9 days of food for 50 bucks yesterday but I ended up spending $75.  

I use my debit card but I always know my balance etc.  Cash never really works for me.  I guess maybe if I left my debit card completly at home etc. 

I probably could have done 50 if I had HAD to.  I was out of my normal staples like jasmine rice and potatoes and onions etc.  

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM
DEPENDS FOR HOW LONG .I COULD MAKE IT ;LAST A WEEK.I HAVE DID IT BEFORE .NO MEETS THO..NO VEGGES ..WHAT EVER IS ON SALE. LOT CEREAL,NUDDLES ,BREAD.ONLY FOOD .MAYBE CHEEP TP..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN