Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

HELP!! Big Vacation, Small Budget

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
So we are a family of 6, is it even possible to take a Disney World vacation on $4,000?

If so where do I begin planning, we would actually like to go off season, late September, Early October.

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ColieO
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Including airfare or gas for traveling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Sure, how far are you traveling? You could drive, camp out or get a cheaper hotel. Check living social and groupon for cheap orlando hotels. You could do disney for 2 days, then drive to Daytona to finish out your trip at the beach!
hancex6
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Is it impossible with airfare? We live in MI, if we drove gas would be $300, that drops budget to $3700, and would have to include a night on the way down and night on way home at hotel.

Quoting ColieO:

Including airfare or gas for traveling?

MooreBoysMama
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
The longer you stay, the cheaper it becomes per day. Look into free dining right now for your stay in September. Skip the water parks.
a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Take your own snacks/meals/drinks. Stay at a Disney all star hotel
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I would drive rather than fly and stay somewhere where you can make your own meals.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Flying is expensive right now.  I live in MI and the cheapest airfare I have found for my family of 4 is $1200.  We are going in October and plan on driving. We are not staying on property this time but renting a house since there will be 9 of us going.   Join the Disney group here.  There are a couple of Disney travel agents that can help you.  

hancex6
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Thank You, so much!!

Quoting pixiemg1:

Flying is expensive right now.  I live in MI and the cheapest airfare I have found for my family of 4 is $1200.  We are going in October and plan on driving. We are not staying on property this time but renting a house since there will be 9 of us going.   Join the Disney group here.  There are a couple of Disney travel agents that can help you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)