Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

$30.00 to order out

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

this is what my husband and my friends two kids spent me and her did not eat and they only got three sandwhichs really that could have gone further at the store me and her are both mad

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules8289
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would have to ask what kind of sandwiches and why didn't two of the group eat anything, and who ordered what? It's always great to stretch dollars at the store. Dh and I make it a challange to eat as cheap as we can. But since it's only two of us we eat out once a week to treat ourselves. Sometimes the places are cheap as we can find. Other times it's expensive but we realize it's good to splurge on occasion. We went out for Lebenese food last night. The bill was $47! We won't spend that much for quite a while. But we did enjoy our wonderful evening out. 

aandt1999
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man. We have never left TGIFridays spending less than $65 for the two of us! I think it's the drinks that get us. We buy drink stuff so we can make them at home, then we still order them when we go out. Silliness. 

Quoting jules8289:

I would have to ask what kind of sandwiches and why didn't two of the group eat anything, and who ordered what? It's always great to stretch dollars at the store. Dh and I make it a challange to eat as cheap as we can. But since it's only two of us we eat out once a week to treat ourselves. Sometimes the places are cheap as we can find. Other times it's expensive but we realize it's good to splurge on occasion. We went out for Lebenese food last night. The bill was $47! We won't spend that much for quite a while. But we did enjoy our wonderful evening out. 

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

It is pricey to order out and lately I have ordered more than I have in the past. I haven't been feeling well at all. It is a high price for convenience 

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

a cheesesteak,tuna hogie,and a pizza steak

Quoting jules8289:

caseyloo
by Casey on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We spent that on pizza the other night.  But it also turned into about 9 or 10 meals for us.  We love pizza for breakfast, and my dh loves to have it when he's up late at night.

jules8289
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM

For that price I hope they were good! 

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

a cheesesteak,tuna hogie,and a pizza steak

Quoting jules8289:

mjgm1966
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM

It does get expensive eating out! We're hoping to cut a lot of that out!

SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Today at 5:09 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM

You're in Philly (or FT). Where did they order from?

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Today at 5:09 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM

And I like to cook fresh. I want fresh stuff. It seems more expensive when you purchase it all, but it's really cheaper in the long run compared to ordering out.

Quoting mjgm1966:

It does get expensive eating out! We're hoping to cut a lot of that out!

slightlyperfect

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM

ugh i hate eating out and rarely do...too expensive

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)