Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Debt

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 30 Replies

How much debt do you have? What are your end goals for getting debt down this year and how are you accomplishing it? I'm working hard on my debt but need some more motivation!!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I have about $1300 in debt and right now I'm making double the minimum payments.  When my emergency savings is at a comfortable level, I'll begin paying down the debt even faster by using the amount that I've been contributing to savings.

Derpy
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have none.

Far from normal.

Always am,Always will be.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I've got my mortgage, a car payment, a piano and dd's tuition next year.  Right now I'm focused on the tuition.  Although I pay $10 extra a month on the piano (8.9% interest) and we make an extra mortgage payment (13 instead of 12).  The car interest is less than 1%.....so it is what it is. 

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM
3000 left on Dh's school loans. we are paying 100 a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiniowien
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:46 PM

With school loans $32,000! Lol so my plan is to pay it off within 20 years 

usmc0351wife
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

More than I care to admit. Just in student loans I have over 42k. We are just paying the minimum. We will have my car paid off and a personal loan paid off early next year so that will free up over $550 to put toward the debt we have. 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

We just have our mortgage right now. I'm hoping we don't have to buy a roof, new air conditioner or car for a while so we can save up the money instead of adding more debt.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Just the mortgage, no credit card debt or car loans for now.

mjgm1966
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

The only debt we have is my truck payment.  We paid off our 30 year house note in 10 years.  We would pay extra each month and then apply all of our income tax refund towards it.  Things were tight, but it feels wonderful.  We haven't had a house payment in 10 years.   Paid off all our credit card debt.  It's such a relief.  We have one child left in college.  But, thankfully, we're able to pay each semester as it comes.  God has been good to us.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Mortgage, my car, personal loan and a bit of credit card from home repairs. Im busting my butt to get the card to 0. I just got rid of our other one last month. Im also paying extra to the mortgage, car and loan each month. I need to get the loan and car gone so dh can get a newer car, his is on its last leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)