Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm So Mad I'm In Tears

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 32 Replies

I took my dd to the Firefighters Museum downtown today. My friend had a groupon which made it only $7 for the two of us to get in. It was metered parking so I checked the time as I put money in the meter and was sure to be headed back before we were late.

I watched as the meter lady walked away from my car and I said to dd, loud enough that she could hear me 'hurry up baby, we can't afford a ticket'. The meter lady crossed the street before I saw our parking ticket so I couldn't even say anything to her. We were 2 MINUTES late. I'm 7m pregnant and waddled as fast as I could out of there and she didn't care, she cowardly crossed the street to avoid me saying anything to her.

I can't believe it, I am so upset. What was supposed to be a fun, inexpensive outing ended up costing us WAY more than the full price of the tickets into the museum. All because of 2 friggin minutes. UGH.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

:( unfortunately that's how cities get their money... you can fight it... doubt you'll get it removed though

AmericanChild82
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd fight it. That lady was a puss to intentionally walk away. I'm sorry your nice day out turned so crummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I saw nothing about calling or anything on the ticket. But I don't think it'd be worth fighting anyway. I can't believe she saw me walking up and knew she wrote me a ticket and ran across the street. Come on!
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

:( unfortunately that's how cities get their money... you can fight it... doubt you'll get it removed though

bethgoedeken
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd fight it, she saw you walking to your car...

KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I can't believe she saw me coming and ran off like a coward. I don't even know who to call.

Quoting AmericanChild82:

I'd fight it. That lady was a puss to intentionally walk away. I'm sorry your nice day out turned so crummy.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Some of them are so miserable that they have to make others miserable too :( Just call the courts and see what you can do.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I saw nothing about calling or anything on the ticket. But I don't think it'd be worth fighting anyway. I can't believe she saw me walking up and knew she wrote me a ticket and ran across the street. Come on!
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thanks, I guess its worth a shot

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Some of them are so miserable that they have to make others miserable too :( Just call the courts and see what you can do.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Jennanonymous
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure how your meter maids work there but where we used to live as soon as they wrote out the ticket its a done deal, logged in their system and there is nothing you or they can do. Even if they wanted to undo it for you they can't, the city set it up their software that way.  Hopefully the ticket isn't too much!

Nikaniko
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how in was in Philadelphia. Once its typed in then can't undo it. I don't know since I wasn't there but I doubt she was cowardly crossing the street. I mean there was nothing she could probably do about it. Anyways. Its her job and if everyone who. Happened to be one or two minutes late got a pass then what's the point in writing tickets at all. Not trying to be rude but its just like a police officer writing speeding tickets if you happen to get lucky and don't get caught free pass if you get caught you have a ticket. Its just how it goes.

Quoting Jennanonymous:

I'm not sure how your meter maids work there but where we used to live as soon as they wrote out the ticket its a done deal, logged in their system and there is nothing you or they can do. Even if they wanted to undo it for you they can't, the city set it up their software that way.  Hopefully the ticket isn't too much!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
4 moms liked this
First, I am sorry that you got a ticket. But PLEASE remember that she was doing her job and she probably walked off to avoid a confrontation because there was nothing she could do OR (like me) despises confrontation and tries to avoid them at all costs! :) But before you guys go on calling her names just think that she might have had a family to feed and was just doing her job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)