Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is no fun

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
My friend got a Free VIP table for 10 at a club in Baton Rouge (30mins from me) to see Magic Mike night. It includes drinks too. So everything but the cost of gas and possibly some payment for babysitting, depending on who I could find. its tomorrow night and he's working. Doors open at 7 and show starts at 9 so it will be a late night and I do work at 10am but I have closed at 2am and turned around and been back at work for 9 so I can handle it. its only a 5 hour shift. But hubby doesn't want me going. he's complaining about the $15 in gas money but I know he doesn't like the idea of me seeing other men dance. I've never done anything like this, never had a girls night out and always stay with the kids when he's working. I would like to get out for once. :+(
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I don't understand why you would go see men dancing half naked if your husband doesn't want you to. I would hope he would respect your wishes if you didn't want him to go see women dancing half naked.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Im not going. He asked me not to go so Im not going.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I don't understand why you would go see men dancing half naked if your husband doesn't want you to. I would hope he would respect your wishes if you didn't want him to go see women dancing half naked.
Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Did he get honest and tell you that was why? I'm sorry you aren't going. I home school six kids and don't have a car and my husband is a truck driver who works very long hours. I understand what its like to never get away.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting Dabberdoo:

anotherandree
by Inga on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I ALSO understand that it's NOT about seeing half naked men but more about getting away for the night with some girl friends and just having fun.  You guys would probably be laughing more than looking at the guys.  At least that is how it was when I went with some friends a few years ago.  I am sorry that you cancelled because this was a no win situation.  Either you go and feel bad or you stay and you ARE going to be pissed and resentful.

Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I would go.  There is no way I would ask my dh to go anywhere unless he had a very good reason.  I would listen to him but make my own decision.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM
no not exactly. i know he wants me to save money because we are leaving Sunday for Florida but I've been working 32 hour weeks so i do have a little extra. but he asked me "why would you want to see that, i responded "why wouldn't i" lol.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Did he get honest and tell you that was why? I'm sorry you aren't going. I home school six kids and don't have a car and my husband is a truck driver who works very long hours. I understand what its like to never get away.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Dabberdoo
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM
She can choose not to be pissed and resentful.
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

My advice (if you want it) is to have an honest conversation with him about it. Find out his true reasons for not wanting you to go. 1/2 hour away is like 20-30 miles max each way. Unless you drive a vehicle with like 8mpg, it wouldn't cost $15 in gas. 

I agree that he may be insecure about the men dancing, maybe talk to him and reassure him that you love him and that nothing will happen other than having fun with the girls. 

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry you'll miss out on a girls night.  I have never had one either.  I am pretty giddy about going grocery shopping by myself tomorrow morning I haven't been out without at least one kid in over a year.  lol sometimes it's the small things.  Maybe you can treat yourself to something inexpensive before/after work instead.  

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I agree with this. Find out the actual reason he doesn't want you to go and go from there. But I'd respect his reason in the end.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

My advice (if you want it) is to have an honest conversation with him about it. Find out his true reasons for not wanting you to go. 1/2 hour away is like 20-30 miles max each way. Unless you drive a vehicle with like 8mpg, it wouldn't cost $15 in gas. 

I agree that he may be insecure about the men dancing, maybe talk to him and reassure him that you love him and that nothing will happen other than having fun with the girls. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)