Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Back to School Supplies

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
What's your budget?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I'm hoping to spend under $20, we haven't started yet.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
$20.00 total for my younger three sons. I have so many unused boxes of crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. from previous years plus scissors, pencil boxes, rulers, folders, packs of paper, etc. The only "supplies" I have to buy are tissue hand sanitizer and other "non-school" supplies.
My oldest is going to 9th grade I haven't looked at the list for him, not sure what my "budget" is for high school supplies. I will just get what is on the list.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk. I just got what they needed and tried to get the cheapest
Prices possible
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Probably under $20 for all three kids together.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I dont have one.. because the supplies I buy are for us adults!

I just collect the sale items, throw them in a bin and when we need em we need em!

However, probably a bit extra than usual this year. I wont be starting school until winter since I'm in a wheel chair.. and I am NOT paying full price then! 

And.. i'm sending s.o. to go get crayons, colored pencils, scissors and glue, so I can entertain myself a little here!

CJsMommy622
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I stock up at the after back to school clearance at Target every year, so I've got nothing to buy :-D I probably spent $2 total for what DS needs this year- 5 notebooks, 1 box of crayons, 5 folders, gluesticks, 1 box of colored pencils, and pencils. Everything was about 10 cents each! He is reusing his scissors, pencil sharpener and pencil case from last year. Wipes and Kleenex will come from our stockpile as well! He doesn't want a new backpack or lunchbox either, I've asked. He doesn't care about new anything.
I stocked up on jeans at Children's place when they were about $8 each, and I bought NWT shirts at the kids 2nd hand store. He does however need new sneakers, and I don't buy the cheapest for those since he does need a little more support than a typical child.
DD is preschool and I bough her jeggings and leggings at TCP for $4-$5 each. She'll get new sneakers too. Her backpack is fine, even though she wants a new Tinkerbell one lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM
$15-$20. Going today so we'll see.
kimber2465
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM

i don't have one-lol. haven't bought basic in three years. i have a tote box that i keep stock. so if i buy anything this year it will be when they clearance. had to only get two things for this year list- post it, and expandable file. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

So glad I don't have to budget for this anymore!  =)

SwtSnowflake2
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I think I'll spend $20 for 2 kids this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)